Author Topic: hunting, fishing and cooking skills (with contest boards)  (Read 2942 times)

azzan

How about some hunting, fishing and cooking skills... gives us questors something to do - and would be fun to see a "largest fish" board or something... who knows. I could be just injecting my own personal hobbies into the game :D
« Last Edit: 06/28/07, 19:48 by Thalia »

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
  • Crazy Perverted Gnome Demon
Re: More interaction...
« Reply #1 on: 06/28/07, 10:20 »
*roasts Azzan over an open flame* What? You're the one who suggested adding cooking. >P
"Okay, who let Odin out of his cage?"
*A blue bouncy ball bounces by*
"That's it, I'm outta here."

azzan

« Reply #2 on: 06/28/07, 10:58 »
Funny! - That would be kinda funny to see though - Dak (old Gnome form) roasting a creature of equal size over a flame.... But then again... i'd vote we roast elves - not short people!

Chalgyr

• Grand Poobah of Kingdoms of the Lost
  • Implementors
  • Heroic Contributor
  • Grand Poobah
    • Chalgyr's Game Room
  • Other character names: Glith, Devinoste, Deakkyn, Wolfryc, Rylee, Deus... it goes on for a while
« Reply #3 on: 06/28/07, 11:02 »
I suddenly flashed to the Sunday Fishing contests in Warcraft... not saying there's anything wrong with that.  In fact it could be amusing.  But that's what I initially thought of :)
I must be here, 'cause I'm not all there.

azzan

« Reply #4 on: 06/28/07, 12:16 »
I was thinking of the fishing game on the Zelda game from N64 :) (or Link - whatever it was - i dont even remember the whole name now)

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 06/28/07, 19:32 »
Ocarina of Time, ftw!

azzan

« Reply #6 on: 06/28/07, 19:34 »
Wasnt that the 2nd one to come out on N64? Or perhaps the first - i dont know - i didnt like the game - just the fishing and the horse riding :)

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
Naw, the second was Majora's Mask.
Zelda 1 for NES
Zelda 2: Link's Adeventure(or something) for NES
The Legend of Zelda (I don't remember if it had a subtitle or not... *shifty eyes*) for SNES
God knows how many on the gameboy.
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Best... Game... Ever) for N64 (also released on a promo disc for Gamecube)
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (not quite as great) for N64 (also released on above said disc)
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker for GC
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for Wii and GC

I think Tsythor will correct me if I'm wrong >P

But fishing also exists in Twilight Princess in much the same way it was used in Ocarina of Time (ie: There's a fishing hole to go and do some serious fishing).

So yeah... *rambles*

Zelos

• Contributor
  • The 1 horse in this 1 horse mud
I'm not tysthor, but I will correct you, there is fishing, it's just not as fun as it was in the N64 version. It's actually worse IMO.
Tsythor <outgame>: '...  Lineer!  You freaking genius'