Author Topic: Favorite single thing from a non-KotL game  (Read 21255 times)

Zelos

• Contributor
  • The 1 horse in this 1 horse mud
Re: Favorite single thing from a non-KotL game
« Reply #90 on: 07/02/07, 19:03 »
I would really like to be able to have a child, and that child get some of my attributes and/or skills right from the start. It would also be interesting to see who begat who and what not. I also think that the adoption thing could be also used for pets, Certain characters always want to be someones pet or something, so why not do this? Maybe change the spouse channel to be a family channel that way everyone in your family can use it to freely talk.

-crawls back into his hole in the recieving area of walmart-
Tsythor <outgame>: '...  Lineer!  You freaking genius'

Lx6

• New
  • One Face Many Names - Lx6
    • LaLuna @ Deviantart
« Reply #91 on: 07/02/07, 19:27 »
D: Don't kill meeeeeeeeeeeeee

Okay In another mud I was in, there was a way for you to pick a small plot of land. and though it came pre-designed you could dig into mountians, find gold or ores to then spend RP points to enhance general skills like mining or craft making. and spend the time designing the pieces of gold into wearable armor or weapons.

:) Oddly enough this was a Vampire vs Werewolf game. But I always liked the design factor you could do with it based on making your own fort.
-please insert brain here-

Chalgyr

• Grand Poobah of Kingdoms of the Lost
  • Implementors
  • Heroic Contributor
  • Grand Poobah
    • Chalgyr's Game Room
  • Other character names: Glith, Devinoste, Deakkyn, Wolfryc, Rylee, Deus... it goes on for a while
« Reply #92 on: 07/03/07, 08:09 »
Thing that we have discussed in the past but never quite said: we'll do this! or we hate this! - they've always kinda fallen into the limbo of 'we may do this if we run out of more pressing projects'

- generated kids

- crafting skills

- player-editable areas like homes/forts

:)
I must be here, 'cause I'm not all there.

azzan

« Reply #93 on: 07/03/07, 09:46 »
Kids would be an interesting twist - but how would it work... setup a shell of a player w/ pre-generated attributes/stats and default the password to mimic one of the parents?

Crafted items would be sweet as well... i'd love to be able to create something - even if it wasnt super powerful - it'd be cool to just say hey - i created this ring. Perhaps even allow mages to enchant them with certain spells but with limitations of course - we have customs for making wicked strong stuff :P

In regards to homes... dont we already have this stuff? Just dotn have the staff to handle the requests right now from my understanding? (That or something else - i remember Chal saying something about them not going in for a long while.)

Zelos

• Contributor
« Reply #94 on: 07/03/07, 13:14 »
I'm all for the idea of having generated kids and creating bloodlines. if I can remember which mud I saw that on, might be able to get a snippet or something from them to go by.

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
  • Crazy Perverted Gnome Demon
« Reply #95 on: 07/03/07, 14:19 »
Meh, this is stuff you should consider for Scattered Ashes... if you ever actually -make- it.

Speaking of which, Daklore is -so- screwing up the world in order to cause that time line if you do. Screw that story line you guys had, mine's better *duck* >P
"Okay, who let Odin out of his cage?"
*A blue bouncy ball bounces by*
"That's it, I'm outta here."

Zelos

• Contributor
« Reply #96 on: 07/03/07, 19:03 »
*is confused* whats scattered ashes? did I miss something?

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #97 on: 07/04/07, 13:53 »
It was something they -were- making a few years back... T'was to be set a few hundred (or thousand) years in the future of the current KotL... after some sort of post-quasi-apocalyptic world... By quasi, I mean it wasn't really destroyed... just... every kingdom but Murkwood and Mesilena just sort of... poofed. Of course, my ideas are better... *shifty eyes*

Chalgyr

• Grand Poobah of Kingdoms of the Lost
  • Implementors
  • Heroic Contributor
  • Grand Poobah
    • Chalgyr's Game Room
  • Other character names: Glith, Devinoste, Deakkyn, Wolfryc, Rylee, Deus... it goes on for a while
« Reply #98 on: 07/05/07, 10:36 »
SA - yeah, that's never going to happen now.  We took a lot of our ideas for SA and brought them to the main KotL now.  And Dak's ideas on there were far inferior to our own. :)

And this was just an idea we had back a few years ago before our last playerwipe.  We had a playerbase of around 40+ a night back then, lots of staff and tons of ideas flooding in - and somehow we all seemed to have a lot more time back then too.  Farnite was working on a Dragon-Kalchi wars dated PK based MUD, Thalia and I were heading up the Scattered Ashes notion which was going to be much more roleplay oriented with much smaller leveling scheme but greater character development options and kinda leave the current KotL under management of guys like Odin and Jaxom and Gilly.

And it was set 1,000 years into the future.

And there was a 3rd land - Armengar and Klevnone were going to be joined and located on the continent of Dathlin.

Lots of cool ideas done in by a lack of time...
I must be here, 'cause I'm not all there.

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #99 on: 07/05/07, 20:42 »
Pfft, my ideas outpower yours anyday.

Zelos

• Contributor
« Reply #100 on: 07/08/07, 22:46 »
sounds like a really cool idea, atleast without daklores input on it.

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #101 on: 07/14/07, 17:00 »
Pfft. Daklore can so pull off an armegeddon better than Fuzz butt. Give me the chance, and I'll do it, too. >P

Zelos

• Contributor
« Reply #102 on: 07/14/07, 22:01 »
hows about you two have a contest and we'll judge who does it better

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #103 on: 07/15/07, 10:44 »
We all know I'd win. Daklore's already setting the apocalypse into motion! Slowly, but surely, he leads Volain down the path of destruction. *sage*

Zelos

• Contributor
« Reply #104 on: 07/15/07, 22:15 »
well, guess fuzz butt needs to kick it into gear and beat the crazy gnome to total devastation of the world. I bet that would make a good fight to see. Chalgyr v. Daklore (appearing in alphabetical order so hush up dak). Clash of the (insert your own phrase here to suit your taste)