Author Topic: Making questing and xping more exciting  (Read 3379 times)

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
  • Other character names: Ashlor Zipfe
Making questing and xping more exciting
« on: 02/07/15, 14:41 »
I think we have a really great system for xp and questing but maybe we can re look how to keep people around and intertained.

Some ideas that could help change it to be more interesting.
- Make a power quest, every hour you get a power quest like a blood quest that you can do for 10x the reward  both gold and token, and a chance at getting a rune/mox/gem/etc.

- Make a chance when you turn in a quest to turn on double token for everyone for 10 mins. (one quest)

- Make more LOOT, grade tables colors, make it exciting. 
  Maybe take out the not needed runes, and add in some different runes that have a one time use, like you gain a buff of +20 all resistances until you die or hps or mana or str, damroll whatever you wanted.

Make some kind of token or item that if you gain enough of them, you can turn them in for something,  either crystalline, or buffs, or even a legendary stone chance (like 25% chance when you try to get it)

This would continue to drive people to keep trying and playing for some more fun stuff.

We have some opportunities to make loot a lot more exciting and rewarding for all levels and tiers and experienced players.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new - Albert Einstein

Toar

• New
Re: Making questing and xping more exciting
« Reply #1 on: 02/07/15, 16:09 »
+1

Less clutter/useless/junk loot, more "OMG I GOT A LEGENDARY STONE ON A TRASH MOB" that announces it to the entire MUD would be pretty sweet. (Like finding a Legendary in Diablo 3)

-Toar

Elendil

• New
« Reply #2 on: 02/07/15, 21:02 »
I can see where it would be a very fun thing....good thinking, lads :D

Jadyss

• New Contributor
  • Hey everyone. It's Mike.
  • Other character names: Jadyss, Kagaho
« Reply #3 on: 02/07/15, 21:57 »
These are good ideas. I haven't written it down yet but since there is a thread here. What do you guys think of daily blessings? Every 24 hours when you log in you can request a daily blessing and prizes are random amount of mobs that give double experience and/or gold and random 2-4 next quests give double tokens. Possibility of instant level-up, random rune/token, or gold. It's a nice thing for people that log in every day and to encourage people to log in every day also in order to take advantage of most said rewards it would require at least 45 minutes of playing time.
Smart. Intelligent. Articulate. All words that you can find in a dictionary.

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: 02/08/15, 13:07 »
I think a log in bonus would be nice.  It def would encourage people to log in every day.
Maybe they have to clear their notes and be on for 30 minutes, and click 'logingift' and then they receive the gift.

This would encourage people to check notes, and do a quest or two or talk to people while they wait.
*this way people will know what's going on and be more exciting when a change is implemented*

And that would be a great starting point to building activity.

logingift could include runes, gems, mobmoxes, quest moxes, maybe even tokens, wooden, crystalline, silver etc, maybe there could be a unique logingift metric.
You could gain 100 tokens hometype and maybe 1 login chip.

x login chips can be turned into stuff (each quest vendor could have a pay with 20 log in chips you get a mox or 1000 tokens)

Or there could be a login chip vendor where you can buy all sorts of stuff, and you can have seasonal toys, pvp toys, and things that could help give people a boost (buffs that expire) summon a powerful pet that leaves when you die.  Whatever we wanted.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new - Albert Einstein

Jadyss

• New Contributor
  • Hey everyone. It's Mike.
  • Other character names: Jadyss, Kagaho
« Reply #5 on: 02/08/15, 13:12 »
I pretty much detailed exactly a perfect daily log in bonus and how it works on those muds that have them above. To receive said bonuses(minus any instant ones similar to what you mentioned) would required spending 30-45 minutes. 10 minute quest timers - next 3 quests give double tokens. Next 66 mobs killed give double EXP/Gold. Takes spending time.

oh oh oh.. here's a good one.. make a roleplay note that follows specific guidelines and get a crystalline/mox/runestone etc.
Smart. Intelligent. Articulate. All words that you can find in a dictionary.

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: 02/08/15, 13:17 »
OH I like that, like you get a uniquely tailored log in quest with a token reward at the end, and it could be like 1 of 5 quests, with a random token.

Chalgyr

• Grand Poobah of Kingdoms of the Lost
  • Implementors
  • Heroic Contributor
  • Grand Poobah
    • Chalgyr's Game Room
  • Other character names: Glith, Devinoste, Deakkyn, Wolfryc, Rylee, Deus... it goes on for a while
« Reply #7 on: 02/27/15, 15:33 »
Also a cool notion. I've long liked loot tables. They're more work up front but less work for builders and add greater variety/randomness to things. I also like the idea of a power quest. Or, what about (less useful for those like Sye at level) where you can unlock a special quest once per hour (or maybe pay a small fee of a few tokens to trigger it every 10 minutes) - but it's a higher level mob than normal, but you get better rewards and doesn't count against your normal quest timer?
I must be here, 'cause I'm not all there.

Toar

• New
« Reply #8 on: 04/12/15, 10:51 »
Loot tables are amazing. Especially if it means once in awhile you'll get something super useful that the whole MUD gets to see that you were lucky enough to get.

I also love the idea of a log in bonus. You log in once per day and get a small bonus. Log in all 7 days of a week and you get a huge bonus. Log in all 30 days of the month? A blood soaked crystalline, and maybe a MUD-wide XP bonus/buff to let people know you're dedicated to the MUD. (and encourage them to do the same!)

Also the "power quest" idea where it doesn't really have anything to do with your normal quest timer but once per hour (like a PvE version of the blood quest) but has a more powerful mob and lots better rewards/loot. (maybe a super small chance for a legendary drop, since it can only be done once per hour anyway)

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
« Reply #9 on: 04/12/15, 14:58 »
The grind could be made more interesting, we are starting to see more people around and having something to make grinding more interesting would be so helpful for a lot of people.

I'm honestly trying to find reasons to stay on and be active.  I'm one of those people who really like to only have one char, and I easily hit the 'cap' or the 'max' in things.   But having a way to make grinding a little more exciting would be beneficial to people at any skill/playable level.