Author Topic: Messaging from skills & spells  (Read 1996 times)

Thalia

• Code Junkie
  • Board Administrator
  • Heroic Contributor
Messaging from skills & spells
« on: 04/25/10, 10:26 »
Should all (or most) skills & spells have messaging that's visible to the room when used/cast and when it wears off?

Getting quite a few "bugs" for things that only message to the person using the command or casting the spell.  Curious about what people would rather see or not see.   Would it be too spammy?  Do you like people not knowing every little spell/skill that you are using?

Spells/skills that people have brought up include:
- Wind disc
- Stalagmite
- Stone rain
- Psi blast
- attentiveness
- alertness
- awareness
- demonstration
- aggression
« Last Edit: 04/25/10, 10:32 by Thalia »

Lex

• New
Re: Messaging from skills & spells
« Reply #1 on: 04/28/10, 23:38 »
I think it's not a bad idea to have the room see what spell/skill(s) you are using atleast for rp reasons that is. I don't know how I would work on skills, But on spells you could atleast have the same affect that you see at healers. Where it just shows them muttering the spell. I don't know just my 2 cents.

Chalgyr

• Grand Poobah of Kingdoms of the Lost
  • Implementors
  • Heroic Contributor
  • Grand Poobah
    • Chalgyr's Game Room
  • Other character names: Glith, Devinoste, Deakkyn, Wolfryc, Rylee, Deus... it goes on for a while
Re: Messaging from skills & spells
« Reply #2 on: 04/29/10, 15:24 »
I've never worried much about what a person might see when a spell wears off, but I do tend to think that the casting process should generate something that should be seen (unless it was something meant to be 'sneaky' like gossip or soulspeak)
I must be here, 'cause I'm not all there.