Author Topic: Random Occurences  (Read 2269 times)

Zelos

• Contributor
  • The 1 horse in this 1 horse mud
Random Occurences
« on: 05/31/08, 13:14 »
Just a idea being thrown to the wolves, but how about some random events like pestilence, disease, roving band of mobs that just appear and attack both city and people traveling. This kinda goes along with the idea of the GMA sending assassins after players. it would be a way to shake things up a bit. Also I play mostly mages and this kinda actually would suck, but how about like certain times of the month or year magic becomes useless or something and all spellcasters lose their abilities then. Also, I still maintain we need a dog/wolf race, cause that would be cool. no abilities to transform or anything, just they look like a human or a dog.
Tsythor <outgame>: '...  Lineer!  You freaking genius'

Leesil

• New
  • Is wasteing away in Marguaritaville
Re: Random Occurences
« Reply #1 on: 06/03/08, 10:46 »
Along these lines one thing an old mud I use to play did was to periodically have an invasion where some group of mobs would descend on all the kingdoms and have to be driven back. There would be several different types of varying level so everybody had something to fight and each one carried a trash item that would later be counted to get your "score" and prizes and bonuses would be given accordingly. It was about the only time anybody ever logged in to the Mud though and I'm not sure how do able it is with the code here. And personally I like the festivals every three months or so for keeping things interesting from what the IMMs do. Maybe we the players should try to find things we can do to 'shake things up'? Just my two silvers worth.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a persistent one.

Chalgyr

• Grand Poobah of Kingdoms of the Lost
  • Implementors
  • Heroic Contributor
  • Grand Poobah
    • Chalgyr's Game Room
  • Other character names: Glith, Devinoste, Deakkyn, Wolfryc, Rylee, Deus... it goes on for a while
« Reply #2 on: 06/05/08, 14:54 »
I do think something like that would be cool.  Once upon a time, one of our coders (Asmodeus) was working on an event system that could have things like that happen, but he eventually just kinda vanished and it never got followed-up on (mostly 'cause it left me in charge of code, lol)
I must be here, 'cause I'm not all there.

Zelos

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 06/05/08, 15:07 »
well fuzzbutt, I think it's time you kicked it into gear and got things rolling eh?

Chalgyr

• Grand Poobah of Kingdoms of the Lost
  • Implementors
  • Heroic Contributor
  • Grand Poobah
    • Chalgyr's Game Room
  • Other character names: Glith, Devinoste, Deakkyn, Wolfryc, Rylee, Deus... it goes on for a while
« Reply #4 on: 06/09/08, 11:49 »
rofl - my butt's in a totally non-MUD gear this month.  too much going on w/ house stuffs, but we'll see.
I must be here, 'cause I'm not all there.

Zelos

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 06/10/08, 13:27 »
I'll code it!