Author Topic: Proxies...  (Read 2055 times)

Zelos

• Contributor
  • The 1 horse in this 1 horse mud
Proxies...
« on: 02/12/08, 05:15 »
So... when I got to work, I'm stuck behind a proxy and can't connect... I use MUSHclient, someone for the love of god help me figure out how to get around the proxy or firewall so I have something to do for the 8 hours I'm stuck sitting at this desk with nothing to do.
Tsythor <outgame>: '...  Lineer!  You freaking genius'

Chalgyr

• Grand Poobah of Kingdoms of the Lost
  • Implementors
  • Heroic Contributor
  • Grand Poobah
    • Chalgyr's Game Room
  • Other character names: Glith, Devinoste, Deakkyn, Wolfryc, Rylee, Deus... it goes on for a while
Re: Proxies...
« Reply #1 on: 02/12/08, 12:47 »
lol - sorry, wish I could help.  I've only ever proxied into my MUD once... it was this one time, I screwed up entering the shell code too many times in a row, and kydnig's firewall blocked our home ip for afew hrs automatically...  and even then, I used Putty to get around it.  never used Mushclient - sorry. :P
I must be here, 'cause I'm not all there.

Zelos

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 02/12/08, 13:29 »
I bet if I wasn't using vista I could get all the solutions on the website to work, anyone got any other suggestions?

Chalgyr

• Grand Poobah of Kingdoms of the Lost
  • Implementors
  • Heroic Contributor
  • Grand Poobah
    • Chalgyr's Game Room
  • Other character names: Glith, Devinoste, Deakkyn, Wolfryc, Rylee, Deus... it goes on for a while
« Reply #3 on: 02/13/08, 12:35 »
I'm guessing "don't use Vista" is not a helpful option?  (sorry man, silly banter's about all I can bring to the table for ya')
I must be here, 'cause I'm not all there.

Zelos

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: 02/13/08, 13:48 »
you know, I bet if I was using leopard I wouldn't have any problems at all, vista sucks balls, if you have to buy a new comp, just build it for yourself and put xp on it.