Author Topic: Underdark  (Read 7979 times)

Zelos

• Contributor
  • The 1 horse in this 1 horse mud
Underdark
« on: 07/04/07, 18:02 »
I'm all for this idea, so why not start a thread for it. I'd really like to see the main city set up just like Vivec city in Morrowind. Different quarters for business, food, foreign, military/royal, and living. Also eventually, when the player base grows, if built right, the main city could become another kingdom. would be somewhat easier to build considering that it's underground so there wouldn't be much to worry about the whole seasons thing. Anyways, post your thoughts and comments and please would the crazy gnomes keep the off-topic comments to a minimum?
Tsythor <outgame>: '...  Lineer!  You freaking genius'

SeanBoggz

• New
Re: Underdark
« Reply #1 on: 07/04/07, 18:08 »
Seems almost pointless with our players base being as low as it is... maybe if it was like it was a few years ago... but as is just seems like a lot of new work on something that already works and it's being rp'ed much about as is. Though maybe if you start a few story lines about it IC'ly... Then with teh RP support I could undertsand it
Sean Boggz
-Breaking the mold-

Zelos

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 07/04/07, 18:13 »
I'm figuring that there is a lot of players that really like the idea, so what I'm thinking is that the players could have it divided up and let us build it, that way only one, maybe two immies have to worry about keeping an eye on us while we are working. but thats just my idea, and there is still a good bit of planning that would need to take place before this idea could even start to be really worked on. Especially since this would be a massive undertaking. But your point is duely noted and valid.

Chalgyr

• Grand Poobah of Kingdoms of the Lost
  • Implementors
  • Heroic Contributor
  • Grand Poobah
    • Chalgyr's Game Room
  • Other character names: Glith, Devinoste, Deakkyn, Wolfryc, Rylee, Deus... it goes on for a while
« Reply #3 on: 07/05/07, 10:40 »
I'm fine with the general notion of an underground city or even world if we make it large enough, but it wouldn't be made a kingdom, at least not any time soon.  Part of the reason Lapis and Tozain got nixed as player run cities is that we just don't have the pbase to support them liike we did years ago.  In some ways we don't have the pbase to support Armengar or even Murkwood most of the time, but since they were core cities we began the game with, I'm keeping them in hopes of an eventual upswing in players.
I must be here, 'cause I'm not all there.

Leesil

• New
  • Is wasteing away in Marguaritaville
« Reply #4 on: 07/05/07, 17:54 »
But even if there is an upswing in Players, who would want to belong to Murkwood or Armengar?? And do really what THOSE kinds of players? I think not.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a persistent one.

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
  • Crazy Perverted Gnome Demon
« Reply #5 on: 07/05/07, 20:36 »
Everyone ends up hating Armengar anyway! 'sides, if we -did- get a pbase growth spurt, odds are Lapis and/or Tozain would re-open, rather than creating a new kingdom altogether. As a random area people can goto and kill drows, sure, why not?
"Okay, who let Odin out of his cage?"
*A blue bouncy ball bounces by*
"That's it, I'm outta here."

Chalgyr

• Implementors
  • Heroic Contributor
  • Grand Poobah
    • Chalgyr's Game Room
  • Other character names: Glith, Devinoste, Deakkyn, Wolfryc, Rylee, Deus... it goes on for a while
« Reply #6 on: 07/06/07, 09:06 »
Nah, I doubt I would even re-open Tozain and Lapis again now.  We did it back then because we had so many players and there was some interest in it, but in retrospect I don't think it was a good idea.  It thinned out the kingdom ranks too much.  There have been times when Armengar was quit large and strong, and even more times Murkwood was large (I left strong out intentionally.  Sorry, but they hayday was having Ragnor as a champion it seems...)

SeanBoggz

• New
« Reply #7 on: 07/06/07, 23:50 »
Armengar was way strong back when the wars were going on. It made for some fun... Still waiting on a few wars to happen... Maybe Klevnone and Meslina should have at it.
Sean Boggz
-Breaking the mold-

Zelos

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: 07/08/07, 22:41 »
psh, if people want to keep armengar, fine, how about we just let daklore blow up klevnone and reveal a passage into the underdark, in due time of course.

SeanBoggz

• New
« Reply #9 on: 07/09/07, 08:52 »
It would be good for S.Ashes but deff no need to blow up Klevnone other than we all hate it
Sean Boggz
-Breaking the mold-

Chalgyr

• Implementors
  • Heroic Contributor
  • Grand Poobah
    • Chalgyr's Game Room
« Reply #10 on: 07/09/07, 10:31 »
... but... but... I like Klevnone.  :)

Zelos

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: 07/09/07, 10:33 »
it's okay chalgyr, we all love klevnone, even if it's a love-hate relationship, we would all be sad it was gone. Except maybe daklore.

Leesil

• New
  • Is wasteing away in Marguaritaville
« Reply #12 on: 07/09/07, 17:51 »
Speak for Yourself, I think the world would be better place without Klevnone, but first we have to blow up Murkwood, that place is just waste, who needs light dwelling Elves anyway?
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a persistent one.

Zelos

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: 07/09/07, 20:26 »
good point, we'll just blow them both up and make the underdark have two entrances. the other elves can go to calararian.

Lx6

• New
  • One Face Many Names - Lx6
    • LaLuna @ Deviantart
« Reply #14 on: 07/10/07, 13:42 »
Why not build the Underdark under Tolin? make it level based sorta like the Pit of Flames. Each step into the darkness the harder the mobs?
-please insert brain here-