Author Topic: Idea for Aggressive Behavior  (Read 2262 times)

azzan

Idea for Aggressive Behavior
« on: 07/20/07, 09:16 »
I have an idea - its not super thought out so please bare with me. I know that all mobs to a certain extent are aggressive based on level range and all that fun jazz. How about races being agressive to certain races? For example - dwarves would automatically be agressive w/ orcs and vise versa. In addition to this idea how about certain types of armor (some armor made from rotten flesh or dragon skin, or orcish cape - you get the idea) that would negate this aggressive behavior. : ) Just an idea.
« Last Edit: 07/20/07, 09:34 by Azzan »

Chalgyr

• Grand Poobah of Kingdoms of the Lost
  • Implementors
  • Heroic Contributor
  • Grand Poobah
    • Chalgyr's Game Room
  • Other character names: Glith, Devinoste, Deakkyn, Wolfryc, Rylee, Deus... it goes on for a while
Re: Idea for Aggressive Behavior
« Reply #1 on: 07/20/07, 12:30 »
I kinda dig the idea, maybe based on a flag in the olc.  maybe not even at a race level of the mob, but for builders to say: such and such is aggrodrow or aggrodwarf. Hmm
I must be here, 'cause I'm not all there.

azzan

« Reply #2 on: 07/20/07, 13:58 »
That would be awesome. Probably easier to impliment too (i could be wrong - but the little experience i have in codeing seems to make sense to me :P) - makes more sense then just attacking everyone anywho. I suppose the equipment part of the idea would be a little harder to incorperate though.  :-\

Thalia

• Code Junkie
  • Board Administrator
  • Heroic Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 07/20/07, 14:44 »
:: gnashes her teeth and whines :: .... I sort of like the idea too.....

:(
((I need more time to code!!))

azzan

« Reply #4 on: 07/20/07, 15:21 »
*hands Thalia a never-ending Starbucks card and a couple mil in cash* CODE AWAY! :P

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
  • Crazy Perverted Gnome Demon
« Reply #5 on: 07/20/07, 15:35 »
OR. You could make unilateral mprogs that can be applied to any area and flagged to the appropriate mobs. Hell, even I could do that.

grall 100 agro_orc
ifispc race orc
mob attack $n
else
endif

Done. Well... mostly. I haven't mprogged in a while, so... yeah... >P
"Okay, who let Odin out of his cage?"
*A blue bouncy ball bounces by*
"That's it, I'm outta here."