Author Topic: bloodsoaked drops?!  (Read 4482 times)

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
  • Other character names: Ashlor Zipfe
bloodsoaked drops?!
« on: 09/01/11, 00:13 »
So, I wonder.. if they thought about adding a new blood soaked drop,  Like a blood soaked leveling token.. or a blood soaked token 'that you can randomly convert' and it converts into a random token'

I wonder if they thought about adding a blood soaked BP token, that adds 5 bp, and you could have a standard bp token that adds 1 bp.  (for festivals.)
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new - Albert Einstein

Fric

• New Contributor
Re: bloodsoaked drops?!
« Reply #1 on: 09/01/11, 11:35 »
Can you be a little more clear on what you are trying to say? I am kind of lost. I am not trying to sound like an ass.

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 09/01/11, 17:02 »
okay.. if you could buy a blood soaked token, just like that for x bp..
and then you convert blood soaked token random, (cause you wouldnt have a choice).
And you would get A... SILVER... GOLD.. CRYSTALLINE.. WOODEN.. etc. 
You could have them be all regular.. or all bloodsoaked or random of all regular or bloodsoaked.

And then you could add that to the bloodsoaked drop table.. a 'bloodsoaked token'  and then you convert it to get a random one.  So it has some value, it might be one you need, or it might not be!  It was just a thought.

Then, the next idea was.. bloodsoaked BP token.. that converted to 5 bp.  And then you could add a BP token, and have it be 1 bp, if you wanted to keep in theme, or only have it drop in bloodplane.

(it would of course only drop for people who are bloodsworn) 

Then, my next idea.. these are all to add bloodsoaked drops.. :
bloodsoaked legendary stone.

Now here me out, they wouldnt' be as good as the other legendaries, but would be fun, and two of them.

One being a COOK very lazy:
chatter, "tells you, I am Shalnilath the best cook of the lands!"
chatter, "says, I am known for making the best food ever!"
chatter, "yells, "I have food here if anyone is interested".
Leveling up could do a random assortment of..

legendmakeapple (makes a golden apple you can eat and fill you up)
legendmakefull target (can make someone full.. usefull in pvp, so people can't eat herbs or pills) and usefull to fill newbies etc.
legendmakeriver ( makes a legendary river that would have buffs like the caldron, and that would be interesting)
legendremovethirst (only removes thirst on yourself, but if it was on a light, that could be helpful to newbs.. I mean only 500 tokens.. to do that anyways)
legendremovehunger (same thing, but for hunger)

(stuff like that, then its opposite..)
legendary gatherer being very active:
chatter:  tells you, I am Yillix, the fastest and most resourceful gnome in all the land
Chatter: says , Do you need gold milord or perhaps to find a mithril deposit?  I would be happy to mine it!

abilities random or tweeked:
legendgathercomp: produces a random comp and ads 1 luk buff (so you cant spam it)
legendgathergem: produces a random gem and ads 1 luk buff (so you cant spam it)
legendgatherrune: produces a random rune and ads 1 luk buff (so you can't spam it)
legendspoils: adds the spoils spell affect.
legendgathergold: adds 1-500 gold to your inv, ads 1 luk buff (so you can't spam it)
legendgatherxp: adds 1-500 xp to you, and ads 1 luk buff (so you can't spam it)
legendfindanimal: spawns a level 1 pig that you can use to drainbite, or kill.. ads 1 luk buff (so you can't spam it) and total you could get about 5 luk from the abilites.

Now I know, prolly not going to go anywhere, but if it was added to the bloodsoaked drops, it would be interesting.. and give a way for people to not have to farm legendaries to get..
I was just throwing up ideas! *yes I thought of these while at work yesterday lol* 
I been thinking of stuff all day!  still doing it today! - Sye out
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new - Albert Einstein

Fric

• New Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 09/01/11, 18:28 »
I like the legendary gnome idea. Personality neutral and talkative.

Say legendary gnome abilities could be:

0-2 legendary luck 5 (like legendary raise)

4 legendary luck (acts like a good fortune rune)

6 legendary luck (acts like an immortal good fortune rune)

8 legendary gnome (summons a familiar gnome, same level as caster)

10 legedary luck (acts like legendary good fortune rune)

Now this particuliar legendary could become a new personality and use what Sye said for his lines and add more to them. But when you get farther in your levels you can add have those runes that are needed for your class. It will also allivate some of the rune issues people have.

As for the idea on bloodsoaked points and all that it could be random and just have it drop normal tokens. I don't think there should be a token to give you blood points though. That would take away from actually having to blood quest. And if they decided to do the bloodtoken it should be only good for 3. That away there isn't to many getting them and racking up their bp for the better jack light if they decide to do that.

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
  • Crazy Perverted Gnome Demon
« Reply #4 on: 09/01/11, 19:00 »
okay.. if you could buy a blood soaked token, just like that for x bp..
and then you convert blood soaked token random, (cause you wouldnt have a choice).
And you would get A... SILVER... GOLD.. CRYSTALLINE.. WOODEN.. etc. 
You could have them be all regular.. or all bloodsoaked or random of all regular or bloodsoaked.

Sounds okay

And then you could add that to the bloodsoaked drop table.. a 'bloodsoaked token'  and then you convert it to get a random one.  So it has some value, it might be one you need, or it might not be!  It was just a thought.

Then, the next idea was.. bloodsoaked BP token.. that converted to 5 bp.  And then you could add a BP token, and have it be 1 bp, if you wanted to keep in theme, or only have it drop in bloodplane.

No

(it would of course only drop for people who are bloodsworn) 

Then, my next idea.. these are all to add bloodsoaked drops.. :
bloodsoaked legendary stone.

Now here me out, they wouldnt' be as good as the other legendaries, but would be fun, and two of them.

One being a COOK very lazy:
chatter, "tells you, I am Shalnilath the best cook of the lands!"
chatter, "says, I am known for making the best food ever!"
chatter, "yells, "I have food here if anyone is interested".
Leveling up could do a random assortment of..

legendmakeapple (makes a golden apple you can eat and fill you up)
legendmakefull target (can make someone full.. usefull in pvp, so people can't eat herbs or pills) and usefull to fill newbies etc.
legendmakeriver ( makes a legendary river that would have buffs like the caldron, and that would be interesting)
legendremovethirst (only removes thirst on yourself, but if it was on a light, that could be helpful to newbs.. I mean only 500 tokens.. to do that anyways)
legendremovehunger (same thing, but for hunger)

(stuff like that, then its opposite..)
legendary gatherer being very active:
chatter:  tells you, I am Yillix, the fastest and most resourceful gnome in all the land
Chatter: says , Do you need gold milord or perhaps to find a mithril deposit?  I would be happy to mine it!

abilities random or tweeked:
legendgathercomp: produces a random comp and ads 1 luk buff (so you cant spam it)
legendgathergem: produces a random gem and ads 1 luk buff (so you cant spam it)
legendgatherrune: produces a random rune and ads 1 luk buff (so you can't spam it)
legendspoils: adds the spoils spell affect.
legendgathergold: adds 1-500 gold to your inv, ads 1 luk buff (so you can't spam it)
legendgatherxp: adds 1-500 xp to you, and ads 1 luk buff (so you can't spam it)
legendfindanimal: spawns a level 1 pig that you can use to drainbite, or kill.. ads 1 luk buff (so you can't spam it) and total you could get about 5 luk from the abilites.

HELL NO

Now I know, prolly not going to go anywhere, but if it was added to the bloodsoaked drops, it would be interesting.. and give a way for people to not have to farm legendaries to get..
I was just throwing up ideas! *yes I thought of these while at work yesterday lol* 
I been thinking of stuff all day!  still doing it today! - Sye out
"Okay, who let Odin out of his cage?"
*A blue bouncy ball bounces by*
"That's it, I'm outta here."

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 09/01/11, 19:06 »
lol, I knew your response already, but Im just throwing up ideas here.. yay or nay, people need to know what the goal is, and what the limits are.  To the ideas, so they know what they could suggest, or try to think about.  - Sye out

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #6 on: 09/01/11, 19:13 »
There's also such a thing as, common sense? >P Legendaries shouldn't be made that give you access to magical kool-aid (which should be deleted from the game so we can get back potions not filling you up), or giving you virtual immunity to bloodplane penalty. ... We have a spell for that already >P

As for BP, they're meant to be hard to get, hence the 1 per hour limit. A bloodsoaked token that can convert to another at random, yeah, I can agree with that.

Bloodsoaked legendaries, though? Yeah, no. All legendaries should be bound to the same stone, which should only drop from the very limited legendary mobiles. Not to drop them as bloodsoaked drops, which drop more frequently than legendary stones. So, big, fat, no.

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: 09/01/11, 19:16 »
meh, well maybe something runic.. liike  a runic item that gives you "ONE" ability? 

Im just trying to think of ideas to help improve the USE of the whole bloodplane area.. that will get people to try to go out.   The idea here is to just add stuff to make the game more interesting.  I agree it shouldnt break game balance.  But maybe just add.. more.. PAZZAZZ, without being stupid.. or overpowered.  That is all.

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #8 on: 09/01/11, 21:05 »
I like the legendary gnome idea. Personality neutral and talkative.

Say legendary gnome abilities could be:

0-2 legendary luck 5 (like legendary raise) this one seems fine enough ... although I'm not sure how Gnomes would infer luck. Sounds more like a Halfling thing

4 legendary luck (acts like a good fortune rune) this would need altering, no ideas at current. Maybe something explodey.

6 legendary luck (acts like an immortal good fortune rune) eeeeeeh..... this could actually work, considering the imm good fortune only triggers on immy bonuses, but it could also end up stacking with exp bonuses to give it a bit more speed to levelling... actually, doesn't sound terrible. Again, the whole luck thing seems more halfling related than gnome.

8 legendary gnome (summons a familiar gnome, same level as caster) Why would you want a portable Daklore?

10 legedary luck (acts like legendary good fortune rune) Definately not. No. Not at all.

Now this particuliar legendary could become a new personality and use what Sye said for his lines and add more to them. But when you get farther in your levels you can add have those runes that are needed for your class. It will also allivate some of the rune issues people have.

As for the idea on bloodsoaked points and all that it could be random and just have it drop normal tokens. I don't think there should be a token to give you blood points though. That would take away from actually having to blood quest. And if they decided to do the bloodtoken it should be only good for 3. That away there isn't to many getting them and racking up their bp for the better jack light if they decide to do that.

This doesn't really seem like a Gnome personality, more like Halfling... or even Gambler. There shouldn't be a legendary that boosts chances of getting legendary stones/items either. Nor should there be one that boosts odds of getting kill mods. Boosting luck and giving familiar, yeah, those are in line with legendaries as is ... although there are too many familiar giving legendaries as is >P

There, Fric, I responded. ... With nothing helpful.

Fric

• New Contributor
« Reply #9 on: 09/01/11, 21:43 »
Hmm...Yeah that wasn't helpful.

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
« Reply #10 on: 09/01/11, 23:04 »
Well, when someone gets them all?  the pokemon.. I mean uh. legendaries, are they going to ever think of adding more?  I wonder if they are even OPEN to the idea?  Maybe we should open a new topic of 'legendary personality ideas" and just ramble on and on like CAptain Jeaun Luk pecard. :)

-Sye out

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #11 on: 09/01/11, 23:40 »
They're open to the idea. I submitted 10ish of them to Thalia and Fuzzbutt. Maybe in the future we'll see eight of them, two probably were more of a, "the hell?". So, yeah. But there was also one thing about my legendaries that yours so far haven't.

I actually thought them over and looked at trying to make them balanced to the game, not what I wanted from them. Until you can seperate yourself from, "this would be nice for me to have, and this would make it all the better for me to have", and look at it from the "is this fair to the balance of the game for anyone to have, or am I just trying to buff myself solely." ... Well, this probably isn't entirely your case >P But I see them so far as more, "this is what I want. WANT" rather than a balanced approach. Fric's was closer, but still seemed to have that "ME ME ME!" flair (ie: giving three rune affects to the legendary that are nice to have, especially the legendary good fortune ripoff)

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
« Reply #12 on: 09/01/11, 23:48 »
lol how was mine balanced to helping ME? lol I suggested about 5 myself, and they were pretty fair, and I Know that cause, I wouldnt care if I actually got one.. lol
But they were cool regardless, but not optimal for pvp or combat, or for that sort of thing.
 we are getting off topic
=sye out

Fric

• New Contributor
« Reply #13 on: 09/07/11, 01:39 »
Mine was at a whim. I was just thinking and giving an idea of what it could do. It doesn't have be what I said but the personality would be nice. It could give you just about anything. I know you don't like the rune idea but it was just a thought I had. It can be whatever. I guess I could sit back and think about it more.

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
« Reply #14 on: 09/09/11, 13:50 »
-- I think its time to start a legendary personality / ability thred --
-Sye out

(as for bloodsoaked drops)  I guess they are fine.. ;/  :) maybe make some items like comps and herbs, that are only dropable in bp?  Like bloodsoaked death needle, and bloodsoaked crystal leaf..
and could be used to make spells work slightly better? or something
-Sye out