Author Topic: Donation Pit (split from Locker topic)  (Read 2323 times)

Jadyss

• New Contributor
  • Hey everyone. It's Mike.
  • Other character names: Jadyss, Kagaho
Donation Pit (split from Locker topic)
« on: 02/03/15, 05:46 »
Anything to get newbies. Donation pit is pretty standard on a lot of muds and there isn't anything wrong with it. I think it's very useful though and makes sense for a person's own home to be able to store belongings.
« Last Edit: 02/07/15, 18:46 by Thalia »
Smart. Intelligent. Articulate. All words that you can find in a dictionary.

Chalgyr

• Grand Poobah of Kingdoms of the Lost
  • Implementors
  • Heroic Contributor
  • Grand Poobah
    • Chalgyr's Game Room
  • Other character names: Glith, Devinoste, Deakkyn, Wolfryc, Rylee, Deus... it goes on for a while
Re: Re: Feature Request / Idea Locker/Storage
« Reply #1 on: 02/04/15, 10:54 »
The only reason I've never really leaned towards a donation pit myself, is because the starting level gear is better than most of the trash stuff found on mobs for the first several levels. Also, at least on older MUDs, crashes wipe donation pits - not that we crash much, but just saying it could happen. Now if we had more new players, it might be interesting to see if maybe potions and herbs in the pit would be of interest
I must be here, 'cause I'm not all there.

Thalia

• Code Junkie
  • Board Administrator
  • Heroic Contributor
Re: Donation Pit (split from Locker topic)
« Reply #2 on: 02/07/15, 18:51 »
Hah!  bet'cha did you know we could split topics?

We could limit contents of donation pit to say .. runic gear, potions, herbs, pills  and usable by people under some level.   Have it decay slowly -- so something could stay there <#> days and then would disappear.  Keeps stuff fresh.

I've played games where the pits were religion specific or kingdom specific or just one central usable by everyone.
« Last Edit: 02/07/15, 22:43 by Thalia »

Elendil

• New
« Reply #3 on: 02/07/15, 20:59 »
I can see where each temple having a donation pit would make sense.....chars can leave armour and weapons in there as a form of alms....sort of like having a fixed, oversized collection plate...

Chalgyr

• Grand Poobah of Kingdoms of the Lost
  • Implementors
  • Heroic Contributor
  • Grand Poobah
    • Chalgyr's Game Room
  • Other character names: Glith, Devinoste, Deakkyn, Wolfryc, Rylee, Deus... it goes on for a while
« Reply #4 on: 02/27/15, 15:55 »
Thematically I like the idea of religious ones, but I think it's more useful for new players, and while new players do not always have a religion right away - they have a home town of some sort, so I think it should be tethered to kingdoms if anything.
I must be here, 'cause I'm not all there.