Author Topic: Harrassment Much?  (Read 3282 times)

Lx6

• New
  • One Face Many Names - Lx6
    • LaLuna @ Deviantart
Harrassment Much?
« on: 07/02/07, 20:01 »
I dunno maybe seeing Dak's lil rant makes me wanna rant. Maybe I'm just growing tired of it....... but is it just me or is there a rise of the lesbian female rp'ed population that seems to wanna climb into my characters panties. There's friendly and then there's overly freakin friendly.

Granted even one of my many Alts is RP'ed as being uninterested in men. But at the same respect she isn't flirting with every female character that graced in front of her body. I'm not going to name names but It almost makes me not wanna log on when I see these folks in the game. And it always seems that their questing where I'm questing. It's rather disturbing and getting on my nerves.

I came to Kotl to play.... not get felt up by other players >_<

-please insert brain here-

Chalgyr

• Grand Poobah of Kingdoms of the Lost
  • Implementors
  • Heroic Contributor
  • Grand Poobah
    • Chalgyr's Game Room
  • Other character names: Glith, Devinoste, Deakkyn, Wolfryc, Rylee, Deus... it goes on for a while
Re: Harrassment Much?
« Reply #1 on: 07/03/07, 08:06 »
And I certainly hope that the issue isn't pressed once you ask someone to lay off, or simply tell them you're uninterested in the rp.  I don't judge who does with with their characters and storylines, and for the most part I don't care.  However, I do believe a player has the right to say 'sorry, no - just not interested in doing that/anything with you/this storyline with my character' and the other person/people just step back and say 'cool, thanks for letting me know'.  It really shouldn't be more complicated than that.
I must be here, 'cause I'm not all there.

azzan

« Reply #2 on: 07/03/07, 09:49 »
I've noticed that a little more as well.. i'm a guy so i of course dont get the first hand "harrassment" but i've seen and heard of it... It makes me laugh a little bit though - cause there is a really good chance (given that there are statistically many more males playing MUDS then females) that the two "lesbian" characters are male... not in all cases... but i could imagine the looks on their faces when they find out.

Zelos

• Contributor
  • The 1 horse in this 1 horse mud
« Reply #3 on: 07/03/07, 13:18 »
... I'm speechless about this...this is worse than the Yuri situation I think...
Tsythor <outgame>: '...  Lineer!  You freaking genius'

Lx6

• New
    • LaLuna @ Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: 07/03/07, 14:09 »
Personally I'd love the RPXP in between questing. And when this had happened I dropped hints as well as going as far as , "Well maybe I don't swing that way"(not direct quote mind you) icly to get them off my back...... it didn't seem to work much -_-

>> I just needed to vent and get opinions. I'm not looking to get this person in trouble.

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
  • Crazy Perverted Gnome Demon
« Reply #5 on: 07/03/07, 14:26 »
Well, the simple and most effective measure is to just tell them in an osay to stop. If they don't, then you can report it to the imms. That's when it becomes harassment really... well, sure, icly it can be harassment, but if you don't say you don't want to roleplay that, then... uh... well, I don't think they can do -too- much about it, unless it goes right over the cliff and down seven layers of hell.

Like fuzz butt said, tell them you don't wanna RP that. You have to do it in an osay, cause... icly... even Daklore wouldn't really listen. ... And Daklore doesn't even feel the Lx6+1 up! ... Hrm... naw, it's not worth having my hands diced.
"Okay, who let Odin out of his cage?"
*A blue bouncy ball bounces by*
"That's it, I'm outta here."

Lx6

• New
    • LaLuna @ Deviantart
« Reply #6 on: 07/03/07, 14:58 »
hehe ::pets Dak::

I Suppose I should. I just don't like feeling like I'm rude

Chalgyr

• Grand Poobah of Kingdoms of the Lost
  • Implementors
  • Heroic Contributor
  • Grand Poobah
    • Chalgyr's Game Room
  • Other character names: Glith, Devinoste, Deakkyn, Wolfryc, Rylee, Deus... it goes on for a while
« Reply #7 on: 07/05/07, 10:38 »
Best policy is to always just say something quick and out of characterly.  I'd rather someone came across as "slightly rude" than have a situation where someone feels unduly harassed and need imms to try and sort it out after the fact.  :)
I must be here, 'cause I'm not all there.

Magus_Sairos

• New
    • My MySpace!
« Reply #8 on: 07/11/07, 23:57 »
Dude, if it happens again, you can always tell me about it.  Im sure Magus wouldn't have a problem walking in and hitting on said character that isn't a lesbian.  Rofl.  I got your back, girl, no worries.  =P
(  .  ) (  .  )   O_O!!!

Lx6

• New
    • LaLuna @ Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: 07/12/07, 00:06 »
Best policy is to always just say something quick and out of characterly.  I'd rather someone came across as "slightly rude" than have a situation where someone feels unduly harassed and need imms to try and sort it out after the fact.  :)

this is true I suppose.......

Lx6

• New
    • LaLuna @ Deviantart
« Reply #10 on: 07/12/07, 00:13 »
Dude, if it happens again, you can always tell me about it.  Im sure Magus wouldn't have a problem walking in and hitting on said character that isn't a lesbian.  Rofl.  I got your back, girl, no worries.  =P

hehe thanks but It seems to have gotten better so I don't think it'll be a problem now. I hope.