Author Topic: Community rp events  (Read 5257 times)

Zelos

• Contributor
  • The 1 horse in this 1 horse mud
Community rp events
« on: 07/11/07, 01:28 »
I can remember back in the day when I was just a wee little newbie (I'm not so little anymore) and there was player held events and gatherings for the players to all come together and roleplay and it was nice. It was fun. Wouldn't it be nice to have events like that, even just a bunch of pvp tournament with brackets and rewards(hopefully immie sponsored) for everyone to get together gamble, rp, and have fun.
Just another random thougth
Lineer...erm Zelos
Tsythor <outgame>: '...  Lineer!  You freaking genius'

SeanBoggz

• New
Re: Community rp events
« Reply #1 on: 07/11/07, 09:53 »
I completely agree I love RP events and quite frankly I think that's what drew so many people to KOTL the RP was sooo good back then everyone wanted to be a part of it just the runic and custom stuff got changed around and people became more custom bound and cared less about RP and more about just getting customs
Sean Boggz
-Breaking the mold-

Chalgyr

• Grand Poobah of Kingdoms of the Lost
  • Implementors
  • Heroic Contributor
  • Grand Poobah
    • Chalgyr's Game Room
  • Other character names: Glith, Devinoste, Deakkyn, Wolfryc, Rylee, Deus... it goes on for a while
« Reply #2 on: 07/11/07, 09:59 »
well, Festivals used to be a bit more frequent than they are now, but time's been lacking for several of us lately.  I do also miss the larger scale rp things, but it was easier to do with more players.  It's kind of a catch-22.  Many of the things we'd like to impliment and do, work better with more players.  If we had these things successfully pulled off, we might get more players.  But without more players, they're hard to pull off right...
I must be here, 'cause I'm not all there.

SeanBoggz

• New
« Reply #3 on: 07/11/07, 10:06 »
so let's schedule one a week out and post a note saying be online at such and such time for this event and this time for this event and just list out an agenda for the event
Sean Boggz
-Breaking the mold-

Lx6

• New
  • One Face Many Names - Lx6
    • LaLuna @ Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: 07/11/07, 20:45 »
I'm actually trying to build up two RP's currently.

One for Lucia which is race related.

And the other for Lymia based on the state of getting people to join the Military of Caderon.

>> I've dropped clues yet no one nibbles.
-please insert brain here-

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
  • Crazy Perverted Gnome Demon
« Reply #5 on: 07/14/07, 16:45 »
Well, I can see why I never nibbled for Lymia. Why would Daklore want to join someone else's military when he has his own force? >P But as for group gatherings, usually mortal held ones had no real reward, and were thrown simply as celebration of something. I can remember two that were mortal ran, one was by Persephone - which was a beach party, and another by me, which was to celebrate Persephone and Cyrene reaching fourth tier *shifty eyes* Let me tell you, that one was damned spammy... and hard to organize on the fly and not let those two know.
"Okay, who let Odin out of his cage?"
*A blue bouncy ball bounces by*
"That's it, I'm outta here."

Zelos

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: 07/14/07, 21:54 »
I remember the beach party, someone had to restring my shorts for me cause I didn't know how to do it.

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #7 on: 07/15/07, 10:34 »
And now you do, so you can do it for yourself!

Lx6

• New
  • One Face Many Names - Lx6
    • LaLuna @ Deviantart
« Reply #8 on: 07/15/07, 14:44 »
Well, I can see why I never nibbled for Lymia. Why would Daklore want to join someone else's military when he has his own force? >P But as for group gatherings, usually mortal held ones had no real reward, and were thrown simply as celebration of something. I can remember two that were mortal ran, one was by Persephone - which was a beach party, and another by me, which was to celebrate Persephone and Cyrene reaching fourth tier *shifty eyes* Let me tell you, that one was damned spammy... and hard to organize on the fly and not let those two know.

I'll ask this. Why would Lymi want you in Cal's army anyways Dak? :P That hinthint was directed at people who are citizens in Cal.....

-please insert brain here-

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #9 on: 07/15/07, 15:02 »
Because Daklore is ever-so-powerful >P

Zelos

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: 07/15/07, 22:25 »
well since Tsy "killed" daklore, he's a basically a demonic soul inhabiting the body of a Kalchi child that he rapidly grew. So no one really knows that it is him so it's possible that they could be trying to recruit him as either a merc, or as a new citizen.

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #11 on: 07/16/07, 10:20 »
Calararian never recruits Mercenaries. Armengar however, does... or did... As for recruiting him as a citizen... he wears his allegiance to Lapis, so I doubt that >P

kinnaz

• New
« Reply #12 on: 07/17/07, 13:39 »
yay even I remember beach, in the old times there was indeed more rp, and holding events now could revive that part of this mud, and those events will attract new players aswell.

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #13 on: 07/17/07, 17:11 »
There's always RP if you want to find it. The problem is that no one has to fear getting pk'd by some people, like Daklore or Robin, for instance. So everyone can RP it safe and be all buff and tuff, despite the fact that they're new, ya know? Pwipes suck. Ah well.

Folestar

« Reply #14 on: 07/31/07, 15:06 »
I want to move to Lapis!!!!