Author Topic: Religion Spells  (Read 2504 times)

azzan

Religion Spells
« on: 07/30/07, 09:37 »
I was going to post this in the game - but i keep forgetting - and i cant login at work to do it - i know there are several religion spells out there, as much as i like them, that i think should be self only - the main example that i can think of right now is perfection - awesome spell and all - but a little much to just be passed around. Perhaps if there is something that can be coded that only allows it to be cast on people w/in that specific religion? :) Who knows. :) Just my 2cents.

Thalia

• Code Junkie
  • Board Administrator
  • Heroic Contributor
Re: Religion Spells
« Reply #1 on: 07/30/07, 13:27 »
Or maybe was less effective on people in other religions... hmm... interesting.

azzan

« Reply #2 on: 07/30/07, 13:44 »
That would be cool too - maybe make them Master - or only work on a random set of skills/spells each time for other religions?

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
  • Crazy Perverted Gnome Demon
« Reply #3 on: 07/30/07, 21:24 »
How about instead of n***ing Athorien's spells, which probably need it... we buff Dias' spells first? Throw a few special tags on some of them.... like sickness... to actually hit their dodge rate, not just their agility. Or infirmity to lower their damage by say.. 10% ... or turn bleeder and torment into buffing/damage spells instead of tick damage spells... cause, no offense, but nothing lives long enough to take tick damage, and if they die from it, you don't get credit for the kill -anyway- ... so yeah. *shifty eyes* More power to Dias!

Also, we need to increase the damage of some of these religion attack spells. Yellow damage with a brand is -not- cool. It's teh suck.

Shutting up now.
"Okay, who let Odin out of his cage?"
*A blue bouncy ball bounces by*
"That's it, I'm outta here."

Thalia

• Code Junkie
  • Board Administrator
  • Heroic Contributor
« Reply #4 on: 07/31/07, 13:06 »
As people bug problems with existing things, they get looked at.  Next code release already has several changes to various spells, including religion spells.

Lx6

• New
  • One Face Many Names - Lx6
    • LaLuna @ Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: 08/01/07, 03:12 »
Please no n***ing Athorien's spells.........

I like seeing my attack power at perfection <3

And hey I always buff others with my spells so nyaaaa
-please insert brain here-

Thalia

• Code Junkie
  • Board Administrator
  • Heroic Contributor
« Reply #6 on: 08/01/07, 12:43 »
well, there are other things we could do besides reducing the effectiveness of spells...

• duration could be longer for members, shorter for non-members
  • cost could be lower for members or higher for non-members
  • could add a mana cost for/from non-members to go along with the mana from the caster
  • if there was a religious war, maybe you can't cast beneficial spells on people from the religion your's is at war with or the spells are less effective &/or more costly
  • there could be an additional affect for members that non-members don't get or only randomly get

Magus_Sairos

• New
    • My MySpace!
« Reply #7 on: 11/07/07, 22:58 »
I back Daklore.  How about we NOT screw with the current spells we have.  I mean, yeah Perfection is nuts.  But it only lasts for -NINE TICKS-.  If it lasted anything longer, I would say yeah, back it off a bit.  Also, yeah, Dias is kinda gettin' shafted on spells. ...And so is Galr.  >_>!
(  .  ) (  .  )   O_O!!!