Author Topic: Stat Max Limits  (Read 1916 times)

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
  • Crazy Perverted Gnome Demon
Stat Max Limits
« on: 08/06/07, 08:44 »
Now I know the stat maxes were put in for good reason and all that.... but I think the numbers need to be... I dunno.... revised or something. With all the buff spells we have, plus customs.... odds are most stat buffs are just going to be overkill nowadays. A Dragon or Kalchi with maxed racial stats, plus a Scribe's buff spells (or whatever classes get 'em) will result in the stat cap for most stats. Aside from getting cancelled or killed, they'll have max stats until the spells wear off. There'd be little point in gaining customs for stats.

So here's what I propose, and I know people will shoot it down. Hurrah! An idea of mine people can dislike! I propose we raise the stat cap to 75 and 80 for prime stats. This will force players to focus stat points on customs toward something that will benefit them or their class (like con, luk, and cha) instead of simply just maxing all the stats. Now buff spells have a reason to exist. Even at, 15 customs, times 5 stat points, that's -only- 75 points. More than enough to reach the 45/50 cap, but not enough to reach a 75/80 cap, putting effectiveness on buff spells, rather than just making them -there-.
"Okay, who let Odin out of his cage?"
*A blue bouncy ball bounces by*
"That's it, I'm outta here."

Chalgyr

• Grand Poobah of Kingdoms of the Lost
  • Implementors
  • Heroic Contributor
  • Grand Poobah
    • Chalgyr's Game Room
  • Other character names: Glith, Devinoste, Deakkyn, Wolfryc, Rylee, Deus... it goes on for a while
Re: Stat Max Limits
« Reply #1 on: 08/06/07, 08:52 »
I have thought about that before, but when you go up over 50 a lot of the math we've worked into -everything- becomes skewed.  Besides, not everyone has buff spells or constant access to buff spells, plus there are people who die and lose them.  At this point I'd rather not raise the max, because we'd be doing more than just affecting a few things here and there, there would be dozens of places in the code where we would have to re-work everything.  I see the basic point of the idea, but I don't think it's as all-ecompassing as it's made out to be.  for example my fighter Gardul just got his first buff up ever about a week ago from Belrath.  He can't cast buffs on himself, so until then he's never even been -close- to max stats, so I've been building my customs accordingly as I got them.
I must be here, 'cause I'm not all there.

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
  • Crazy Perverted Gnome Demon
Re: Stat Max Limits
« Reply #2 on: 08/06/07, 09:01 »
Considering how often you log Gardul in.... *tease* But yeah, it's a possibility for the future. Those buffs are available if you ask for them, and Belrath is usually around during 'peak' hours to buff people -anyway- or Sicryss.... on occasion even that Shirak person.
"Okay, who let Odin out of his cage?"
*A blue bouncy ball bounces by*
"That's it, I'm outta here."