Author Topic: Questing Boredom  (Read 8717 times)

Fric

• New Contributor
Re: Questing Boredom
« Reply #15 on: 08/26/11, 20:18 »
I do a lot of surfing, so I guess the lack of rp is a big culprit. It's not just about the tokens, it's doing something inbetween. So I guess it may be time to start a new thread on how to get the player base back? But rp is stagnent because there are quite a bit of us with alts and we log them in and people who don't like others won't rp because of who is behind the screen. I know it's up to us to keep our alts seperate. But that is getting off point. No I really just want something to do without actually leveling.

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
  • Other character names: Ashlor Zipfe
« Reply #16 on: 08/28/11, 10:21 »
Okay, I actually have a few good answers for you. 
I wish you could do a flow chart on forums :)
Anyways..
If youre not at max level..
Grind while you quest.. you get mods and those give you tokens..
Bloodquest while you quest, those blood moxes shatter for an additional aprox 1000-1500 tokens.
There is a small repeatable mini quest in Murkwood, where you kill chickens or turkeys and give plucks of feathers or something to that person right by the quester and get 1-5 tokens a pop.  (their drop rate is about 1/10) but they add up.
Build an area in between questing, every 50 rooms nails you a builder token (750 tokens a piece)
--Which if my area serves me correctly mr Fric, you have an unfinished area you need to work on!---

I hope some of this information was a help.  I know I mainly grind and I don't quest much.. But I can offer things to keep you buys that yield tokens..  I eventually.. at some point, plan on making a few more level 50 areas, for level 50's to enjoy that are fun.. to rp in.. quest in, and kill stuff (as in theyll yell funny stuff when they are slain, or amusing stuff at the least)  So you do have other stuff to do when youre just sitting at level 50..

(I also have started a fight club.. any 50 can participate in now, you just have to change your otitle to (fight club) then you can find someone else with that title and MESS em up :))

-Sye out

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new - Albert Einstein

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
  • Crazy Perverted Gnome Demon
« Reply #17 on: 08/28/11, 15:08 »
Bloodquest while you quest, those blood moxes shatter for an additional aprox 1000-1500 tokens.

Bolded: Sounds like a bug...

Anyway, everything else I agree with. There are lots of options, Fric just wants something to do that won't net him levels. The best solution for this is to... yaknow... sit at max level, in which case we'd just tell you to tier and quit your female doging. >P
"Okay, who let Odin out of his cage?"
*A blue bouncy ball bounces by*
"That's it, I'm outta here."

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
« Reply #18 on: 08/28/11, 15:15 »
well I dont know if thats the number exactly, it the same as any mox you shatter, and it was intended.  so not a bug.  - sye out (as far as I know of )
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new - Albert Einstein

Fric

• New Contributor
« Reply #19 on: 08/28/11, 17:35 »
The Blood mox shatters? Into what tokens? I didn't know that.

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
« Reply #20 on: 08/28/11, 18:30 »
into random gems, and then you shatter those into tokens

Fric

• New Contributor
« Reply #21 on: 08/28/11, 18:51 »
Well, then I guess I can start blood questing.

Chalgyr

• Grand Poobah of Kingdoms of the Lost
  • Implementors
  • Heroic Contributor
  • Grand Poobah
    • Chalgyr's Game Room
  • Other character names: Glith, Devinoste, Deakkyn, Wolfryc, Rylee, Deus... it goes on for a while
« Reply #22 on: 08/29/11, 10:34 »
I read.

Now I've commented.

ROFL - I was considering something like that as I was reading down, but I'm not sure I'd count as a 'player' either :)  I like the idea of more side stuff, just not sure to what extent.  The idea of being able to do something to buy/get rewarded some sort of a healer-given buff would be kind of cool.  things like the mining or farming - jobs/professions if you will has been batted around a bit in the past as well.
I must be here, 'cause I'm not all there.

Fric

• New Contributor
« Reply #23 on: 08/29/11, 12:54 »
Ok, I guess I need to make sure this is understood by all...(DAK). I like to build my character and have them customed and moxed out. I then make a new one and do the samething. I am not all about grinding out. I have 2 level 209s customed and moxed out. I actually like making the toons and doing things with them. It's not about grinding out levels for me. I go and do some grinding but I get bored doing that. What keeps me going is the building of a toon and having fun with them. So don't criticize me because I don't want to  level all the time. I can't help it that you have 9500 hours on one character and you won't expand.

Now that I have that out of my system, I think it would be interesting to see what can come of it. I know hunting chickens is not that fun, and the rewards aren't that great but it is something. Mining would be intersting and make it a tick timer so you can't just sit there and mine constantly.

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #24 on: 08/29/11, 17:48 »
Ok, I guess I need to make sure this is understood by all...(DAK). I like to build my character and have them customed and moxed out. I then make a new one and do the samething. I am not all about grinding out. I have 2 level 209s customed and moxed out. I actually like making the toons and doing things with them. It's not about grinding out levels for me. I go and do some grinding but I get bored doing that. What keeps me going is the building of a toon and having fun with them. So don't criticize me because I don't want to  level all the time. I can't help it that you have 9500 hours on one character and you won't expand.

Now that I have that out of my system, I think it would be interesting to see what can come of it. I know hunting chickens is not that fun, and the rewards aren't that great but it is something. Mining would be intersting and make it a tick timer so you can't just sit there and mine constantly.

Then it's your fault for being bored!
END OF LINE

Fric

• New Contributor
« Reply #25 on: 08/29/11, 22:02 »
It seems you don't like an idea that you didn't come up with. It is an option, I never said they should do it. Hence idea...We have heard your piece on the issue, I was just trying to make it more clear and respond to Chal, but your negativeness towards the idea is boring me now.

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #26 on: 08/30/11, 19:32 »
Never said I didn't like it, just said we don't really need mini-quests, or that complaining about being bored between quests is a valid option. Considering you put yourself into that situation. But anyway, I agree we could use more on the side-game, something, anything.

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
« Reply #27 on: 08/30/11, 23:58 »
They should make a game of cards.. with numbers on each side.. and levels.. like level 1 cards.. to level 10.. and you can go challenge each other.. players who hit over 1k hours get one made of themselves.. and they can drop on mobs and be put into a deck.. kinda like that game in ff8.. that was fun.

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #28 on: 09/01/11, 18:53 »
I actually thought of making an idea for that once.... still ponder it once and a while. But it never went anywhere.

Just code MtG into the game and be done with it >P (yeah yeah, copyright issues)

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
« Reply #29 on: 09/01/11, 19:21 »
well I know, they would have to make it... kidna.. not so streamline.. but fun..

I dont know exactly what they would do.. but it would be awesome if they had some kind of card game like that..  Or some kind of game like that..
I dont know what type of medevil games they had you could look into putting into the game that would rock?     

But they should have stuff that you can do WHILE you rp, or TO RP.  or .. .to boost people being in the same room or conversing etc..