Author Topic: Kingdom Plot Lines  (Read 4384 times)

SeanBoggz

• New
Kingdom Plot Lines
« on: 07/25/07, 14:55 »
Ok this involves little IMM work. How about once a week or so... Imm's post something short and brief about kingdom interactions. Like a rumor news letter that would cause there to be even more things to RP about.

King Rylee said dicussing plans of Armengar invasion.

Daklore raising an army at Klevnone's outer limits

Getsuei secretly a man.

Sheriff Thaxn found littering in Murkwood.

Deus seen in Underground Armengar

Just varying things from minor to major to make kingdoms have to RP things out and to get players more involved in making their own plot lines. Of course people could send things in to help make the rumor threads easier on the IMM's
Sean Boggz
-Breaking the mold-

Lx6

• New
  • One Face Many Names - Lx6
    • LaLuna @ Deviantart
Re: Kingdom Plot Lines
« Reply #1 on: 07/25/07, 16:27 »
Question becomes.... will people react to it?

It's hard to get large organized RP's going. I should know I've tried several times
-please insert brain here-

SeanBoggz

• New
« Reply #2 on: 07/25/07, 16:38 »
that's the thing it's not an organized RP event it's simply topics to rp about for a week or so
Sean Boggz
-Breaking the mold-

Lx6

• New
  • One Face Many Names - Lx6
    • LaLuna @ Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: 07/25/07, 17:07 »
but you still run into the problem of people actually getting involved.
-please insert brain here-

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
  • Crazy Perverted Gnome Demon
« Reply #4 on: 07/25/07, 17:10 »
While I like the idea... I also have to agree with the Lx6. People won't always react to something that implies they can participate. I've left parts of my stories open for people to take and use as a basis for their own stories, no one has really nibbled since. Well, Magus said he was, but I haven't seen any writing. As for Daklore raising an army at Klevnone's outer limits? Yeah, it's called the Lapis military, we're arming our bloody border for the oncomming slaughter of Klevnone led by Tsythor.... no, probably Alaunae.

The second problem is getting the -targeted- parties to consent or agree to said events occuring, ie: Getsuei is secretly a man. Without Getsuei's consent, that's a totally invalid RP plot-line. So yeah... it has its pros and it has its cons.... so it's tettering on the precipice.... it could go either way.

Dem you Je.... I mean... Lx6
"Okay, who let Odin out of his cage?"
*A blue bouncy ball bounces by*
"That's it, I'm outta here."

SeanBoggz

• New
« Reply #5 on: 07/25/07, 17:53 »
that's the thing because it's just a rumor mill it doesn't require player consent for things to be in it

as far as players actually participating I think they will be more willing to participate in this than they will actually write a story based off somebody else's story simply because most of the players don't read the stories

but yea it gives those of us that do RP something to RP about and then the other players will begin to RP it out if the plot lines get interesting enough these would be mainly player based plot lines as well like the old days when the RP was heavy and so was the fun
Sean Boggz
-Breaking the mold-

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #6 on: 07/25/07, 20:29 »
Rumor mill thesis aside, remember this is a game, and if you say you don't agree with said rumors being spread unfairly or untruely, despite the fact that in real life, you have no control, for a RP line to develop around it, that's border-line forced RP, which is a no no.

azzan

« Reply #7 on: 07/26/07, 14:09 »
"Taliesin opens whore house in Tolin."

The concept works well enough - but if you want a rumor mill... why not start your own rumors - you'd just have to suffer the results if said person doesnt like the rumor. I miss some of the larger events (Halloween parties and all that stuff) but I dont quite see the big increase in wanting to start all this huge scale RP when it can be done on your own. If you want to start a RP party on said day - start talking about it in the game IC - make invitations (perhaps the imms will help with the mass of gold that would take) - set it up on your own. Just my 2 cents.

"Daklore caught sodamising moose in Lapis forest."

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #8 on: 07/28/07, 08:58 »
Daklore is more likely to start the whore house, you know? >P In fact... he probably has one... since he's into the underground black market stuff... *shifty eyes*

Folestar

« Reply #9 on: 07/31/07, 14:59 »
Must say is a great idea for RP. I spent about 10 minutes this morning talking with Estson about the "rumor" of Klevnone being invaded. Being that when I introduced myself I said I was from Tolin, he felt I might know something.

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #10 on: 08/03/07, 14:25 »
rumor of klevnone being invaded? Hell, everyone wants to invade Klevnone... except Klevnone.

Folestar

« Reply #11 on: 08/04/07, 22:09 »
No, I think you are wrong there. Klevnone would invade Klevnone if it had a reason to.

Zelos

• Contributor
  • The 1 horse in this 1 horse mud
« Reply #12 on: 08/04/07, 22:35 »
I've heard plenty of plotting around the questor of people who think they should be the leader of klevnone, not going to drop any names, but know they are there. Me personally, I still want the underdark to be made a selectable kingdom and me made king or something, but that is not likely to happen *declares himself king of the underdark*
Tsythor <outgame>: '...  Lineer!  You freaking genius'

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #13 on: 08/05/07, 09:48 »
If there ever -is- an underdark, odds are it'll be a NPC city/kingdom/faildom/whatever. There's simply not enough players, which is why Tozain and Lapis are NPC kingdoms now.... despite the fact that people want to join Lapis.... >.>

As for Klevnone.... well.... it only further re-iterates my sayings of what Klevnone really is like, despite Magus' claims. Klevnone is, and always will, be a barbarian state that dislikes weak mages, and is constantly in civil unrest. Ah, good times.

Zelos

• Contributor
  • The 1 horse in this 1 horse mud
« Reply #14 on: 08/07/07, 12:31 »
honestly klevnone is like a bunch of crack addicts running around doing things to people in the butt, just ask magus he knows all about it. I personally am afraid to live there just because of that, and have been considering moving, but I don't just out of lazyness. It would be nice to see klevnone actually fall into the stereotype that it's supposed to be like, but never will because warriors tend to be a little on the weak side when fighting mages, now that I think of it, maybe the warrior classes that don't use magic should have a natural resist against magic that would make them more effective fighters and give them an edge that they don't normally have, as a draw back, they could have a chance that the use of a magical item could fail being increased.
Tsythor <outgame>: '...  Lineer!  You freaking genius'