Author Topic: Owned Objects  (Read 2161 times)

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
  • Crazy Perverted Gnome Demon
Owned Objects
« on: 05/18/10, 14:08 »
How about altering the code to allow the owner to give them away, but to not be wearable or pick-up-able by the non-owner? It's been suggested before, and really, can it be -that- hard to alter the code to do this? This would allow players to get shieldflags on they don't have access to on their class for customs, and would again allow mages to ID armour/stuff/whatever without going through Hease. Yeah I know you guys gave him ID because of owned flags. Because customs are all auto-claimed on creation, what could possibly be the harm? Do eeeeeet.
"Okay, who let Odin out of his cage?"
*A blue bouncy ball bounces by*
"That's it, I'm outta here."

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
  • Other character names: Ashlor Zipfe
Re: Owned Objects
« Reply #1 on: 09/01/11, 23:56 »
That is actually a good idea.. but part of the reason objects were owned, is because people would disarm people.. take their weapon.. and lol, or walk up and take their weapon and log out..

I think if all *owned objects* that weren't yours.. droped as you reclaimed all your own objects.. it would be feasable.  But I dont think theyll do it.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new - Albert Einstein

Lex

• New
« Reply #2 on: 09/02/11, 09:45 »
Obviously sye, the object would still be owned. it would just let someone else have it in their inventory.  So no shady business could go on.

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 09/02/11, 12:42 »
well if they could get it into their inv and log out..

But they do have kender that can hve tsythors shield in ppls inv.. so I think it could be done..
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new - Albert Einstein

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
  • Crazy Perverted Gnome Demon
« Reply #4 on: 09/02/11, 17:18 »

Seriously, why are you resurrecting dead threads that have been ignored for over a year? Especially ones no one initially replied too >P
"Okay, who let Odin out of his cage?"
*A blue bouncy ball bounces by*
"That's it, I'm outta here."

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 09/02/11, 20:57 »
Lol that card should be an atrifact card.. not a black card.. and uh.. it was only 120 days!  Not a year. :)

-Sye out

Chalgyr

• Grand Poobah of Kingdoms of the Lost
  • Implementors
  • Heroic Contributor
  • Grand Poobah
    • Chalgyr's Game Room
  • Other character names: Glith, Devinoste, Deakkyn, Wolfryc, Rylee, Deus... it goes on for a while
« Reply #6 on: 09/06/11, 14:44 »
ROFL@Dak.  awesome, awesome image.  I have nothing else to contribute to this post, but I loved the image. :)
I must be here, 'cause I'm not all there.

Fric

• New Contributor
« Reply #7 on: 09/07/11, 01:09 »
I don't think it should be allowed. Simply because people will make a shield with everyones shield flags and have a complete arsonal of shields. Leave it the way it is.