Author Topic: Scattered Ashes  (Read 4814 times)

Zelos

• Contributor
  • The 1 horse in this 1 horse mud
Scattered Ashes
« on: 06/06/10, 19:43 »
Lots of people want to see it, but it's a defunct idea at the moment. So, let us try to revive it by brainstorming on it. Daklore has a bunch of ideas and has already posted a story for the lead up to it. So lets start pumping out ideas.

It has also been mentioned that builders would be needed for this as well, so if you feel you have the time and are willing to learn, then say so. All ideas are welcome, try to stay on topic, don't feed the trolls or flames.
Tsythor <outgame>: '...  Lineer!  You freaking genius'

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
  • Crazy Perverted Gnome Demon
Re: Scattered Ashes
« Reply #1 on: 06/07/10, 11:50 »
As much as we want to see it, it might be a bit premature to assume it would even be put into progress. We should wait until Fuzzbutt says "Okay, let's try Scattered Ashes again" and what direction (whether he wants to use the storyline I developed, or go with the "vague" one he was using... whatever). Yes I have lots of ideas, but that doesn't mean they -need- the ideas. So, Fuzzbutt speaketh, and then we ranteth. Or something of that sort.
"Okay, who let Odin out of his cage?"
*A blue bouncy ball bounces by*
"That's it, I'm outta here."

Chalgyr

• Grand Poobah of Kingdoms of the Lost
  • Implementors
  • Heroic Contributor
  • Grand Poobah
    • Chalgyr's Game Room
  • Other character names: Glith, Devinoste, Deakkyn, Wolfryc, Rylee, Deus... it goes on for a while
« Reply #2 on: 06/08/10, 09:54 »
LOL - this is something we've talked about a fair amount, especially Thalia and myself.  I think the biggest constraint for everyone is time.  I know I had a lot more of it when we first started up kotl, and we had a lot of builders too (around 8).  When we came up with the SA idea (and I have a far less vague storyline, you just don't know it yet Dak :P ) - we were averaging 40-50 people a night and had a staff of 6 or 7 that were reguarly around.  I would love to see something come of this eventually, but right now it's really not something I can commit us to (if we could clone Thalia - what would be amazingly helpful) :)
I must be here, 'cause I'm not all there.

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 06/08/10, 13:45 »
I do so know your storyline is vaguer... and less interesting... than mine! I mean come on, I blew up two moons! Devestated Calararian, left Armengar and Klevnone in ruins, decimated entire ecosystems and gave a plausible reason for why the n*** there are no Gods! And what happened to some of the players who can not die >P Like Tsythor, Daklore and Alaunae. Face it, they're not going to die of natural causes....

Anyway, I could clone Thalia. Just give me some samples of her DNA. I can't garauntee it won't be an -evil- clone. Maybe I should go and learn coding, I'm sure I can do it better than Chalgyr! (meaning I'll only break -half- of what I code, rather than all of it) >P. Still, Scattered Ashes would be nice. At the least a chance for a more balanced combat system. You know it and I know it, Fuzzbutt, the combat system isn't very balanced. PK is nigh impossible if your opponent is custom'd out the wazoo, you can only hit with skills, spells and legendaryabilities at the high end of the level because critters evade -everything-. That's the problem with a level oriented game, especially when dodging/damage is based on your level versus your opponent.

Anywhoooo. Yeah. *rants*

Zelos

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: 06/09/10, 19:11 »
good story dak, but lets just keep it at that, a good story for some rpxp.

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 06/09/10, 23:49 »
Pfft. It's more than a story, it's a history record of the future of Volain! It's very AU anyway, as the history of that story doesn't actually match up entirely with current day Volain. Mostly because Fuzzbutt doesn't reveal any of the game's backstory

Chalgyr

• Implementors
  • Heroic Contributor
  • Grand Poobah
    • Chalgyr's Game Room
  • Other character names: Glith, Devinoste, Deakkyn, Wolfryc, Rylee, Deus... it goes on for a while
« Reply #6 on: 06/11/10, 14:42 »
What dak -really- meant to say in his last sentence was: because Chal won't let me blow up Klevnone...

Zelos

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: 06/11/10, 16:40 »
*releases a plague in klevnone* you said we couldn't blow up klevnone...

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #8 on: 06/11/10, 23:31 »
I never meant to say anything about Klevnone. People know very little about the backstory of KotL. The formation of the kingdoms, the events of the Dragon Kalchi war... whatevever the hell happened between the end of that war and Klevnone conquering Murkwood! And you're the one who destroys Klevnone with the original scattered ashes idea, I just took it a step further and blew it up is all.

Thalia

• Code Junkie
  • Board Administrator
  • Heroic Contributor
« Reply #9 on: 06/12/10, 06:28 »
We did do a fair amount of laying out new/updated systems, but until we start coding & building we'll certainly be open to ideas.

well... ideas from most people... but maybe not from delusional gnomes.... unless they have really, really, really good ideas. 

Zelos

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: 06/12/10, 20:00 »
thalia, when you talk like that, it sounds like you're gearing up to start making it in the foreseeable future. Is that what you're trying to say? I believe lapis should be destroyed and tolin made a nice big field.

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #11 on: 06/12/10, 22:54 »
I have really really good ideas, but I don't know where you -need- or -want- really really good ideas. And fyi, Zelos, Only Murkwood and Mesilena survive to Scattered Ashes, which is pointed at in my timeline. Granted it's implied that Lapis survives the catacylsm, but it's not implied that Lapis survives to Scattered Ashes. And since Tolin isn't really a kingdom, it would've faded into obscurity eventually.

Chalgyr

• Implementors
  • Heroic Contributor
  • Grand Poobah
    • Chalgyr's Game Room
« Reply #12 on: 06/21/10, 11:58 »
Zelos - it's something Thalia and I have sunk a ton of thought into over the last like, 6 years.  But, as we've been working on other stuff for the main port, and that whole real-life thing that basically is kicking my ass the last year and change and probably Thalia's too - it's been tough to really settle in and work on anything. 

Though, Dak's kind of right, kind of not.  True, Murkwood and Mesilena are the two that are 'left' on Olerax - occupying a north versus south type feel as the lands that were lapis, tozain, armengar and klevnone get torn down over the years.  The people of Armengar and Klevnone move though - and Dathlin becomes the third Kingdom.  And in-story, no one really knows what is happening with Calararian, because they completely close themselves off from the rest of the world.

No shortage of ideas and backstory; I just haven't shared it w/ the rest of the class.  But like, your chars are all dead.  It's way in the future.  Even if a dust-farting old gnome managed to survive the calamity, odds are old age would get 'im. :P

Zelos

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: 06/21/10, 20:03 »
I bet Tsythor and Alaunae have his head mounted above their fireplace in the study.

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #14 on: 06/21/10, 20:14 »
Considering Daklore forcibly re-incarnated himself once.... Nope, he'd still be around in a new body.