Author Topic: Drezdin Teleport Mod  (Read 2206 times)

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
  • Crazy Perverted Gnome Demon
Drezdin Teleport Mod
« on: 08/31/10, 11:21 »
The simple question: Do we want the Drezdin teleport mod? Should we get rid of it? (Hell yes!) What are your reasons for wanting to get rid of it, or keep it ... in which case you need to get off the bong ... or should we change it to something more favourable or at least less annoying? ... Yeah, I know, at best only myself and Zelos will actually respond to this ....
"Okay, who let Odin out of his cage?"
*A blue bouncy ball bounces by*
"That's it, I'm outta here."

Zelos

• Contributor
  • The 1 horse in this 1 horse mud
Re: Drezdin Teleport Mod
« Reply #1 on: 08/31/10, 11:32 »
I think thalia and chal might chip in, they are the only other people to use the forums anymore. 

Anyways, I say ditch it, I don't like be tossed into aggro areas to big for me.
Tsythor <outgame>: '...  Lineer!  You freaking genius'

Macki

• New
« Reply #2 on: 08/31/10, 12:02 »
I actually don't mind the mod. I would say we part with the cancellation mod before the teleport mod. All it does is slow down those power levelers for 30 secs which in my mind is nothing

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
  • Other character names: Ashlor Zipfe
« Reply #3 on: 08/31/10, 17:54 »
the Cancelation mod should stay, that one doesn't hit that often, and mods hit that buff you so why not a cancelation. 
The drezdin mod, should be gone for bloodsworn at least.   Unless they are trying to promote people not grouping together, as it makes grouping harder.  SO many mistakes happen.  Like Fric with his stupid desonance, or a dragon with a breath, and people end up getting violent and dying, by a mistake, all cause its hard to coordenate a group of people 5 or more?  Because of  MODS like this.    Just throwing that out there.    That is why we should get rid of it.

It should be changed to something if its negative something like.. "drezdin shows up and dirt kicks you"   Atleast people can still follow people, they wouldn't be allowed to do much else, but wands will work, it wont affect the group at all.  Just really screw someones day over, or if you really wanted to hurt teh group, ahve drez faerie fire, the entire group, and force others to have to lead, rather than just sitting back while one person does all the work (if you were putting drez in there as an afk check who knows?)

Just throwing out other ideas, that wouldn't really hinder people too much but be annoying.
And for the love of GOD, can we think of doing something else with that hallucinate, or have it not last as long or something?  Like 2 ticks at most, ive had that thing for like 5 or more before, it really sucks.  Smart people jsut turn color off, and that ruins the mud, making it so bland.

Just my two cents
-Sye
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new - Albert Einstein

Chalgyr

• Grand Poobah of Kingdoms of the Lost
  • Implementors
  • Heroic Contributor
  • Grand Poobah
    • Chalgyr's Game Room
  • Other character names: Glith, Devinoste, Deakkyn, Wolfryc, Rylee, Deus... it goes on for a while
« Reply #4 on: 09/02/10, 07:28 »
But I like tossing players into areas too high of a level for them.... yeah, we can at least talk about it.  Pretty sure dirt kick would go over like a lead balloon too as a sub.  what's another 'annoying' thing we can do to you? :P  as for hallucinate - I haven't been hit w/ it in ages, but the spell and the eggs that cast the spell all run only 2 min - is the mod one really that long?  Also, you can thank Asmo, the long-since-gone-coder for that particular 'spell' :)
I must be here, 'cause I'm not all there.

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 09/02/10, 17:04 »
The problem with spells running 2 hours, is that you also count the 0 hour, and every IN GAME hour, is approximately 5 real minutes. So if you get hit by dirtkick right after the last hour ticked, like immediately after you're stuck with dirt kick for five minutes (0 hours). Under the same conditions, if you get hit by hallucinate for 2 'hours' then you're stuck with hallucinate for 15 minutes. That's why people hate it so much (even though a priest with detox can cure it).

Zelos

• Contributor
  • The 1 horse in this 1 horse mud
« Reply #6 on: 09/03/10, 04:20 »
I usually get hit with hallucinate a couple times every time I play. It's rather annoying especially when you are questing.
Tsythor <outgame>: '...  Lineer!  You freaking genius'

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #7 on: 09/03/10, 09:57 »
Go bloodsworn and never have to deal with the hallucinate mod again! Either that, or hope Daklore's around and in a good mood to cast detox on you.