Author Topic: Custom Furnature!  (Read 3107 times)

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
  • Other character names: Ashlor Zipfe
Custom Furnature!
« on: 08/28/11, 15:12 »
I had an idea.. about maybe custom furniture ...

You could spend like 1k tokens, home tokens to make a couch, bed, chair, stool, rug, or whatever, even a lamp, torch.

You could restring them how you wanted, and the couch would sit up to 2 or 3 people, bed up to 2, chair 1, stool 1, rug 5, lamp would light the room for everyone, same with torch, it would be claimed upon making, and owned.

You could have them give affects.. like I think there is a couch that ups hp regen somewhere?  it would be nice to see something like that.. maybe the rug can do something special.  *Shrug*
It would be cool to make your own furniture regardless!  I only found a bedroll lol in shops.

oh yes, it would be fun to put a legendary on these items.. like the rug for instance.. if it were a shepard and you were sitting on it, you could get legendhealingaura, and you could get a hp bonus..    or whatever it was it could be called a 'buffing rug' or 'buffing table' or whatever.. it would not be likely that peple would use a stone on it, but it would be interesting..

Maybe the lamp.. that you can also hold as a light, but set it in the room?  You know.. maybe it would be a unique idea to make some kind of custom light (with limits of course) no -50 resist, and stuff.. but what about.. -10 resist? or even -20 resist you got to choose, and hps, and saves, etc..
Have it be unowned, but claimable.  like light of undeath. 
oh, you could also put an affect on it like.. Invis.    Just a few ideas here!

-Sye out
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new - Albert Einstein

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
Re: Custom Furnature!
« Reply #1 on: 08/28/11, 15:13 »
lol.. the post says furnature... I meant furniture.. :/
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new - Albert Einstein

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
  • Crazy Perverted Gnome Demon
« Reply #2 on: 08/28/11, 15:17 »
This is what mortal houses are for, I don't really see a need, or even logic, of carrying around furniture in your hands so people can sit themselves down. Remember, the game is set in medieval times. You didn't sit in comfort like we do nowadays.

I vote no.

Plus, said dropped items can get ate in unexpected crashes and cause headaches for Thalia about Sye whining about his vanished furniture.
"Okay, who let Odin out of his cage?"
*A blue bouncy ball bounces by*
"That's it, I'm outta here."

Fric

• New Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 08/28/11, 18:24 »
I agree with Dak. However, you can go to the Dragon Spires and kill a mob and get the blanket. It seats 2 and helps with regen of hp while sitting on it. You can restring it for a lovely price of 22.5k in gold. There is your furniture.

Chalgyr

• Grand Poobah of Kingdoms of the Lost
  • Implementors
  • Heroic Contributor
  • Grand Poobah
    • Chalgyr's Game Room
  • Other character names: Glith, Devinoste, Deakkyn, Wolfryc, Rylee, Deus... it goes on for a while
« Reply #4 on: 08/29/11, 10:36 »
*hands you all dung to sit on/in*

the restrung blanket is a favorite I know.  The restrung furniture is an amusing idea - if only 'cause I just had this image of Daklore whipping a beanbag out of his back pocket. :)  The house thing... yeah... would be nice to have that ironed out still.  *ducks off now*
I must be here, 'cause I'm not all there.

Fric

• New Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 08/29/11, 12:33 »
I think that if you are bested in combat or if you have a siren that randomly teleports you, if you have a house that is where you go instead of a healer. I think that would be awesome. If we could buy houses.

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
  • Crazy Perverted Gnome Demon
« Reply #6 on: 08/29/11, 17:47 »
You can buy a house. Good luck getting it made >P
"Okay, who let Odin out of his cage?"
*A blue bouncy ball bounces by*
"That's it, I'm outta here."

Fric

• New Contributor
« Reply #7 on: 08/29/11, 22:07 »
I have access to building and if I asked maybe I could build my own house in Tolin somewhere for Fric. And maybe one in Mes for Arnon. But that is the least of my worries. Unless Chal will allow me to do it? Hmm...Chal? lol. Maybe we could have a specific builder make the house, I know Sye can build quite well and if you want a place send the descript to get approved by and IMM and have someone build it. Then to get implemented it shouldn't take long. I guess how many rooms it would have and so forth. Here is an idea for that, for every room you want you need to buy a deed to a house. It will keep everyone from having 15 rooms just for a single home.

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
« Reply #8 on: 08/29/11, 23:40 »
I would be willing to do that.  IF someone sent me either note or email they could tell me what they want, how they want the rooms to link what furniture.. what colors room desc etc.
 Im averaging about one area a month or two tops.   I work heavy for two weeks out of the month.  I could squeeze in two player houses a month if needed.   That's all up to Chal though.
If Chalgyr likes the idea, he can make it work.
 - Sye out 

Fric

• New Contributor
« Reply #9 on: 08/30/11, 09:47 »
Agreed. So Chal, it is now in your hands, unless Thalia wants to ok the idea.

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
« Reply #10 on: 08/30/11, 11:00 »
Thalia reply to posts?! Shes too hyped on on coffee surfing the multiverse to come to this page anymore :(

Fric

• New Contributor
« Reply #11 on: 08/30/11, 17:49 »
She will come here over the weekend when her week has settled down. She does have a life too. lol

Thalia

• Code Junkie
  • Board Administrator
  • Heroic Contributor
Re: Custom Furniture!
« Reply #12 on: 09/01/11, 19:49 »
There's plenty of existing furniture that you can restring, not sure there's any reason to make it a custom.

Making them legendary seems like a waste of a stone 'cause you can't wear or use furniture in combat, so there wouldn't be a way to get it experience.

Make them socketable with added affects from gems/moxes is potentially interesting.  (e.g., 2 topaz moxes or  75 points in topaz gems gives you ... hmm... hallucination removal if you sit on the furniture)

Fric

• New Contributor
« Reply #13 on: 09/01/11, 20:47 »
That is an interesting idea Thalia. Make the furniture with gems and have it remove negative status affects.

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
« Reply #14 on: 09/01/11, 23:09 »
See, now we are thinking.  :)  That isn't half bad.  I was just throwing it out there..  I made myself a personal throne, since my actual throne says Mechia on it lol, and well..  I can't bring that with me!

So I just wanted something fun, and I figured if we could find a way to do something fun with furniture it would add some spice to RP.. and everything else.

Socketable furniture.  I never thought of that, that's interesting.

-Sye out

Turquoise - adds hp regeneration x4
Topaz - adds something... maybe.. uh.. I dont know..
Ruby - adds move regeneration x4
onyx - adds mana regeneration x 4
Diamond -
CRystal -
Sapphire -
Emerald -
Amethyst -

I dont know exactly what, but if we made .. like a couch four sockets.. a chair 2 sockets.. and a bed 4 sockets.. and.. Hmmm...  stuff like that

That would be VERY interesting.