Author Topic: Restring Tokens  (Read 2132 times)

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
  • Other character names: Ashlor Zipfe
Restring Tokens
« on: 09/11/11, 17:08 »
Hm,  What if it was like [R [W [C [r [R color coded.  Restring Token.
Cost  <x> amount of role-playing exp. 
convert token short/long/name item.

Then you could either, have it allow a free restring on all flags one item, one time, or.. one flag one item one time.  Kinda like the custom code that is already in place.

This would allow people to get a reward for role-playing.  The ability to spend RPEXP on a token that allows you to restring stuff!   (not everyone has a ton of money to restring stuff)
Not to mention what if you want a brand new outfit setup?  And you dont have the 200k gold it costs.. you could roleplay and use rpxp as well as gold..

Just some good sensible options.  What do you guys think.
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new - Albert Einstein

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
  • Crazy Perverted Gnome Demon
Re: Restring Tokens
« Reply #1 on: 09/12/11, 14:53 »
200K? What kind of restring shop you using? 22.5K(7500 per field, three fields) for a full restring >P

But Daklore is not opposed to the idea.
"Okay, who let Odin out of his cage?"
*A blue bouncy ball bounces by*
"That's it, I'm outta here."

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 09/12/11, 23:14 »
No no.. It was an example how much gold it would cost to REDO <ALL> of your gear if you wanted to change your RP around.
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new - Albert Einstein

Chalgyr

• Grand Poobah of Kingdoms of the Lost
  • Implementors
  • Heroic Contributor
  • Grand Poobah
    • Chalgyr's Game Room
  • Other character names: Glith, Devinoste, Deakkyn, Wolfryc, Rylee, Deus... it goes on for a while
« Reply #3 on: 09/13/11, 07:39 »
Not that it can't be done, but the way it's set up currently would be *rough* - maybe it's been modified since I first put the restring code in, but basically it checks for money on the specified item and then either allows/disallows it.  To have it make all equipment on a person eligible until used for all fields or something... that would require a complete logic rewrite I suspect
I must be here, 'cause I'm not all there.

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: 09/13/11, 11:21 »
Well the only reason I think it wouldn't be that difficult is because, when you create a new custom you guys redid the code some, now when you make a new custom.. you get one free restring, short/long/name.
So basically you'd just create that scenario with a token.  For <target> object.

Hmm, I don't know how you guys would do it tho.. the easy way.. "however would be easiest" or whatever way would make more sense, "only one flag, all items, only customs maybe, all flags on one item, all flags on one custom"

All I know is on Sye, I restrung <all> of my gear, <all> flags, AT LEAST three times already. 
It costs a lot :)

Chalgyr

• Grand Poobah of Kingdoms of the Lost
  • Implementors
  • Heroic Contributor
  • Grand Poobah
    • Chalgyr's Game Room
  • Other character names: Glith, Devinoste, Deakkyn, Wolfryc, Rylee, Deus... it goes on for a while
« Reply #5 on: 09/15/11, 08:30 »
Sounds to me like that Sye chap has a tough time making up his mind. :D
I must be here, 'cause I'm not all there.

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: 09/23/11, 16:52 »
Actually, there is a command on the mud that does this.. I found out today actually..
RPRESTRING object item /long/short/name/
And it costs 2,000 rpxp..

So no need to make tokens or anything, just need to get the knowledge out there. :)
I am surprised Daklore or Chalgyr didn't know of this command! *scoff*
------ thread closed ------