Author Topic: Runestones runestones runestones  (Read 1970 times)

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
  • Other character names: Ashlor Zipfe
Runestones runestones runestones
« on: 03/11/12, 21:14 »
Hey, you know, I have a great idea about runestones..

Maybe you could make an augment class runestone group of like 5 runestones or so?
basically... they give and then take..

so like you can gain.. 2,000 hps but lose 2,000 move and mana... (remember this takes a runestone slot too)

We have archmagi for wizards.. op and awesome
Nightstrike for Rogues  op and awesome

Bleeding for fighters?  Its not even special :( I have it tatd :(
priests atleast get better shield buff runes

Scouts are still in the need something area too? but they do have resonators.

So I was thinking about a brainstorm session to help curve some new runes out, I'll throw up some ideas first.

Shatterstrike (warrior only breaks ac slightly on hit, like rancor)  runestone
SnareBite (scout only chance on hit to trap your opponent to the ground, unfleeable)
MageMasher (adds silence to your attacks)  **now come on, that would freaking rock**

You know things like that.. And if you think they are too good, they can do somethign negative. kinda like bounce and dense have thier tradeoffs?

but a few new runes would spice this place up a bit!  I personally like the LOOT :) in any game. 
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new - Albert Einstein

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
Re: Runestones runestones runestones
« Reply #1 on: 03/11/12, 21:19 »
Hrm, a set of runes that add to hps/move etc..

Fortitude runestone - adds 500 hps / adds 1000 hps/ adds 1500 hps  (three diff ones like Legendary lessons)

Movement Runestone -adds 500 move / adds 1000 move/ adds 1500 move *same*

Mana runestone -adds 500 mana/ adds 1000 mana / adds 1500 mana *all mana types same*

Bloodlust runestone -damroll increased by 2%  ac reduced by 5%  (stuff liek this would rock)
You could even use abigious nubmers like.. damroll plus 50 ac -100
etc..

Steelwall runestone -ac 100 / ac 200/ ac 300 (would be a rare fighter only? or something would be cool to see an ac booster runestone)

Eitherway runes like this would add a lot more personalization and.. use for idenrune for runemasters, and uh.. more absorb fodder? plus makes existing super rare runes even rarer?  Score!?

I have some more ill periodicly add to the board here and there.  and maybe somenoe else can come up with some? 
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new - Albert Einstein

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
  • Crazy Perverted Gnome Demon
« Reply #2 on: 03/13/12, 17:05 »
We don't need more health buffs, while beneficial, aren't something we should be considering in those large numbers.

Movement is largely ignorable, and once you absorb 50-100 runes, you've got lots of movement.

Mana is capped at 20K effectively usefulness, which is easy to hit with absorbing runes on fourth tier.

So there's no point.
"Okay, who let Odin out of his cage?"
*A blue bouncy ball bounces by*
"That's it, I'm outta here."

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 03/18/12, 14:41 »
I dont know if there was a rune that gave 1k hps.. id tattoo it :P

I was just giving up ideas once again, you didnt say , no new runes can be made, you just complained about the ones I suggestd :P

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
  • Crazy Perverted Gnome Demon
« Reply #4 on: 03/18/12, 14:46 »
I never said no new runes, just no point to buff health/move/mana anymore than customs already do. Also, the anti-race/class/whatever runes that increase damage/accuracy/whatever really... weren't a very good implement. 10 runestone slots limits the runes you can use, you're not going to waste those slots on a little damage boost when you could get better quest rewards, shorter wait times, and other special benefits.

Priests should totally have a rune that boosts the power of relspells by a factor of 10. Or just code it into the religion spells outright, but Priests should totally benefit from relspells.

As for other runes, I got no ideas, honest, but health/mana/move buffs? No.
"Okay, who let Odin out of his cage?"
*A blue bouncy ball bounces by*
"That's it, I'm outta here."