Author Topic: Questing Boredom  (Read 8995 times)

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
  • Crazy Perverted Gnome Demon
Re: Questing Boredom
« Reply #30 on: 09/01/11, 19:45 »
Archery contests, jousting contests, demonstrations of martial skill (aka wrestling. And not that fake stuff you see on tv).
"Okay, who let Odin out of his cage?"
*A blue bouncy ball bounces by*
"That's it, I'm outta here."

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
  • Other character names: Ashlor Zipfe
« Reply #31 on: 09/01/11, 23:22 »
Id like to see the arena spiffed up some.. and added onto.. maybe make a 10 rooms that are in the bloodplane.. add a section thats all in antimagic and wild?  You know stuff like that.. that would be interesting..
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new - Albert Einstein

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #32 on: 09/01/11, 23:45 »

Because it totally has >P

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
« Reply #33 on: 09/01/11, 23:51 »
lol, we are talking about things to do 'in between quests' and quest boredom, so technically if we can prove its to help avoid quest boredom its not derailing the topic!

arena would be something to spiff up to help fight off quest boredom :)
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new - Albert Einstein

Thalia

• Code Junkie
  • Board Administrator
  • Heroic Contributor
« Reply #34 on: 09/02/11, 16:07 »
if they had some kind of card game

CARD WAR <bet>

HELP WAR CARD GAME

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #35 on: 09/02/11, 17:24 »
I think he meant more like MtG, or Yugioh >P

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
« Reply #36 on: 09/02/11, 20:53 »
can you play those games in tolin with OTHER players? or just npcs?   I was thinking of more a Strategic game, with numbers.. and something you can add to mob drops.. like if you kill a type of mob.. for instance.. you could make an std file or something.. .with racial stuff, and BAM you could get a skeleton card.. or ghost card.. or .. athach card.. or dragon card.. etc..

I dont know.. it might be too much of a hassle to do.. or not be worth anyones time,  it was just a ponderation.. Id suggest chess or something but people could just yahoo chest, so theyd need something unique if a game like that was ever.. thought about.

Or maybe tweeking tag a bit?  To make it a little more.. rewarding, or challenging?
Maybe if a game of tag is in play, the player thats it gets a small neg bonus, or something, or can't quest! until they quit the game, or tag someone else, something to keep people playing rather than just ignoring it, and maybe if youre in the game "and are flagged to play" you get quest timer reduced by 1 tick or something like bright?

Maybe not that drastic of a bonus, but I was just thinking something along those lines.

-Sye out

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #37 on: 09/02/11, 20:59 »

Or maybe tweeking tag a bit?  To make it a little more.. rewarding, or challenging?
Maybe if a game of tag is in play, the player thats it gets a small neg bonus, or something, or can't quest! until they quit the game, or tag someone else, something to keep people playing rather than just ignoring it, and maybe if youre in the game "and are flagged to play" you get quest timer reduced by 1 tick or something like bright?

Maybe not that drastic of a bonus, but I was just thinking something along those lines.

Considering most players have it set to keep them out of tag games ... yeah, no.

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
« Reply #38 on: 09/02/11, 21:01 »
Well of course they do, it doesnt add anything but annoyance.   Its just a way to annoy people.
but if it did something cool, then maybe people would WANT to actively play it. 

And it was just a thought.. probabaly not necessary..
But, fixing things that noone uses to make more fun is a good idea :P
*pulls out his daklore bat and hits him int he head* THUD!
-Sye out

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #39 on: 09/02/11, 21:03 »
And adding a penalty to it would make people wanna play it more? No. It was just meant to be a fun thing, that some people didn't wanna do. Me, more because I'm grouchy. Others, well, might have been irritating. But adding a penalty will just have people toggle tag off by default.

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
« Reply #40 on: 09/02/11, 21:15 »
Not if you add a bonus to the people who aren't it..
but I see your point, if someone couldnt find anyone theyd just quit the game, and then noone would be it and people would lose whatever bonus they had.. I mean who in their right mind would let a negative affect stick with them..

So.. Maybe not such a good idea.

Fric

• New Contributor
« Reply #41 on: 09/07/11, 01:31 »
Tag is annoying. There is a dice game in Tolin and you can gamble but that can get costly. But you can do gold or tokens.

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
« Reply #42 on: 09/09/11, 13:51 »
Well, playing games by yourself isnt much FUN, we are trying to think of things you can do with OTHERS.. maybe if the new war system had some unique things you can do that would affect other players, in ap ositive way (for your kingdoM) or for a negative way, to people at war with you or something.

-Sye out

Chalgyr

• Grand Poobah of Kingdoms of the Lost
  • Implementors
  • Heroic Contributor
  • Grand Poobah
    • Chalgyr's Game Room
  • Other character names: Glith, Devinoste, Deakkyn, Wolfryc, Rylee, Deus... it goes on for a while
« Reply #43 on: 09/13/11, 07:49 »
We have the very basic coin flip, diceroll and card cutting systems in place - could those somehow be leveraged into actual games?
I must be here, 'cause I'm not all there.

sye

• Builders
  • Contributor
« Reply #44 on: 09/13/11, 11:26 »
I think it would be interesting, but you'd have to 'include' a house.   Like..  If you can gain more tokens than each player has, or money even, have them be able to lose it too.  Cause I could see people abusing something like that if it was between player A and B and between one or both you could only gain tokens.. people would just sit there and farm it.

But if you could lose all your tokens too, both players, that would be interesting, or if it were only just gold
But that would be a cool idea.   I know that  playing around with games could be detrimentally annoying to whoever is fixing them up.  So uh, I don't see someone spending the time to do that sadly.  But I like it if it were ever to be considered.  It would be fun to play games with other players.  Possibly even have a rank system that you can see in score, or on a board in the 'gambling room/game room'