Author Topic: Magus's Idea, one Step further  (Read 1948 times)

Thescal

Magus's Idea, one Step further
« on: 05/02/10, 09:25 »
I liked Magus's idea of being able to switch classes, but I don't like the idea of how he thought about doing it.
Maybe spend a bunch of RPXP, or multiple crystalline tokens to be able to regress a step in your tier? Like, you spend the amount, and it puts you at lvl 1 of the tier previous. For instance, for Thescal.
He's a dragonslayer, so he'd spend the rpxp or whatever you decide the cost to be, and he'd revert to a hunter at level 1? Eventually, you could revert back to scout. If you wanted to revert again, you could choose a whole different class? But keep all yer' junk.
Yeah, I know, make a mage, quest with gate, and then revert it to a class you want. Ugh, never seems a way to get around that. But I feel like some sort of switch class option should be made available for the undecisive lot of us. =D Well, other than recreating. Thanks for reading!

Lex

• New
Re: Magus's Idea, one Step further
« Reply #1 on: 05/02/10, 09:40 »
How about making mages the exception? Mages can't revert past tier 1. All other classes can. That would take care of the cheating issue, and still gives other a chane to change their mind

Zelos

• Contributor
  • The 1 horse in this 1 horse mud
« Reply #2 on: 05/21/10, 12:26 »
Like Lex said, people would try to abuse mages gate skill. However if being able to change withing your tier would be an viable idea.
Tsythor <outgame>: '...  Lineer!  You freaking genius'

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
  • Crazy Perverted Gnome Demon
« Reply #3 on: 05/21/10, 23:20 »
A better solution would be multi-classing, because you're leaving out the important factor. Everything you learned and essentially -specialized- in. If you go and specialize in C programming, and then suddenly decide to become a firefighter -- are you going to forget all of that programming and knowledge about computers? No. There is no reverse in life. Multi-classing is an option (which I am against) but in the long run it just doesn't make any sense.

Don't like your race/class?

Delete and recreate.

End of story.
"Okay, who let Odin out of his cage?"
*A blue bouncy ball bounces by*
"That's it, I'm outta here."

Thescal

« Reply #4 on: 05/22/10, 09:47 »
*points to the "other than recreating" line in the first idea*
Momma shoulda told you if you don't have something nice to say... =D

Daklore

• Builders
  • Sr. Contributor
  • Crazy Perverted Gnome Demon
« Reply #5 on: 05/23/10, 14:41 »
Recreating should be the only option. Seriously, if you're twenty hours in and don't like your race/class combo, recreate. If you're a thousand hours in and are just realizing this? Tough. Either give up all that work and recreate, or stick it out and play the game. This is why everyone and their uncle go Dragon or Kalchi. It's hard to not be good with that race. Class is just a personal choice, until you realize how powerful gate is for questing.
"Okay, who let Odin out of his cage?"
*A blue bouncy ball bounces by*
"That's it, I'm outta here."